3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

oil filter removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:42 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil filter removal

We all know that you dip your finger in oil and put a lite film on the rubber of the oil filter and only hand tighten , right ?? we all know this .?? it works for me ..

Old 05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of the biggest i tricks i do when changing oil (especially when it's upside down) is just jam a hole into it to drain the filter before loosening it and getting an armpit full of [usually hot] oil.

put it this way...you're gonna throw the thing away...grab some channel locks and just lock onto it and turn it - just grab it and squeenze the crap out of it. and when you put new one back on...who cares if it get ruined...just spin it until it bottoms out, then give it a little more than that (a turn is more than enough), and you're done.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are people having issues with chaning their oil. Do I need to do a DIY on how to fill up your gas tank

Quick Reply: oil filter removal