3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NERF BAR HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Excoastie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NERF BAR HELP

I've got a et up "back country" nerf bars that I gat from AutoAnything for about $250. They've got a lifetime warrantee. Though if you keep just about any bars clean, then you shouldn't have a problem with the salt etc.... (don't miss those days, one of the reasons that I moved south)

good luck
Exco

Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the harsh winters up there, you really need to find a stainless set. Chrome or black it won't matter as the stainless is better against rust. If you go aluminum, you will run into rust and end up replacing every couple of years.

As far as the stock height with bars, ny truck is not lifted and I have bars on mine. I use the bars to clean my windows while I am at the gas station (all the stations down here have those short window squeegees), my wife is 5'2" tall and needs the bars and the grab handles to jump in, and I have a 2 year old son that loves to climb into the truck. He only wants help when it is raining or he is tired. Otherwise, he wants the door opened and and he climbs up like it was a mountain...LOL...

I too at one time was like, WTF would you have those on a 4x2, but now I see why some have them..

Old 05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
andrew64

Are bars easy to install out of my house? first time I have had a truck like this do anything with. All my auto work has been done on my old street rods or a chevy pickup.Hoping I dont need to jack the truck up or need a lift.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

I did mine right outside my garage in the driveway, no lift required.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 AM
Jays00ss

I just bought some Westin Platinum series. Lifetime warrenty and they say will never rust or turn dull or yellow.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:12 AM
86blackt

The bars will not, but the black mounting brackets did on both sets I have had. That's why I just bought the Nastas, they have all stainless hardware. I will check back to let everyone know how they hold up.

Install is pretty easy. Be careful not to get any rust in your eyes. If you have an impact gun with an extension it will save a couple minutes, but a ratchet works just as well. In and out in about an hour.

Quick Reply: NERF BAR HELP