3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Infinity System, Aftermarket Head unit???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the infinity system, you didn't bypass it, and you're still getting sound, it's working.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
MrTDR04

the only diff will be that you will have the ability to fine tune your speakers even more depending on what head unit you install but if you want your steering wheel controlls to work you will have to find the right adapter for your new unit. I think scosh makes one but a local car sterio shop should have it to make finding it easier.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

yea, i didn't really notice a real change in sound quality. but the pioneer has an equalizer that lets me tune the music to what I want. The real reason I put it in was cuz I wanted MP3 cds and an aux input, but the equalizer is a good plus.

btw, I'm very unimpressed with the quality of scosh stuff. The single din adapter and the wiring harness were both garbage. I had to modify the adapter (sand some stuff off), and the pins pulled out of the harness going into the truck. Next time sticking with metra. also unimpressed with sonic electronix...

Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

+1 on the Metra. They have good stuff and customer service is great. I needed to replace the EQ blockoff plate on my 18 yr old Metra kit in my Mustang. I emailed them and they sent me one @ no charge. I would definately recommend them to anyone.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM
xjamesx

so, i am in a little bit of a pickle. i told my buddy (with an '07 ram 1500 with infinity system) to save $150 bucks installation and we will install it ourselves.
well, we got a basic pioneer cd player w/ ipod hookup and didnt get any harness other then what came with the HU. i am totally lost as to how the amp needs to be connected with the new HU. can anyone point me in a direction or link to a basic wiring setup for an aftermarket setup? i do have the wiring diagrams of the 22 pin and 10 pin connections from the back of the infinity stereo but cant make sense of most of the 10 pin connections.

and what wire do i hook up the blue wire from the pioneer to? i have installed plenty of stereos over the years, just mainly on older vehicles w/o stock amps in line....so if i could get a little help in direction to go, i should be set.
thanks guys
james

Old 09-08-2008, 07:21 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

did you get the harness that mates an aftermarket deck to the truck?

the scosche harness i got from sonic electronix for my 04' though i think metra is better quality for the same price. look it up on crutchfield. you might just want to walk into a best buy and ask some of the guys there too, they were very helpful to me.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 AM
xjamesx

the guy at BestBuy didnt know if the harness he had for Chrysler/dodge would work on an '07 infinity system. he was actually quite clueless so thats when we figured we might as well do it ourselves.
i have been researchin the web a bit over the last 12 hours and i have found a lot of info but no specifics on what wire goes where. i'll either order a new harness from someone or figure this out if it kills me in the process...thanks for the reply so far.
james

Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

the description on that harness says 2002-up. so it might be the right one. email sonic electronix, they'll let you know which harness you need, i bet it's the same one.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
xjamesx

cool, last question though, does the harness cover both the C1 and C2 harness from the factory radio? i will keep searchin as well. thanks again
james

Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
stan3400

I have 2003 ram with infinity sound system but back speakers do not work any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by stan3400; 09-10-2008 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Infinity System, Aftermarket Head unit???