3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7l with gears?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:58 PM
De pinga!
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4.7l with gears?

daaaamn.. and what are the advantages...

Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanna put a posi unit in my rearend this summer. so I might just jump up to a 4.56 while I'm at it. how much did yours cost nitto? I had to replace the carrier inthe 99 dak last year and it was 1k

Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: dodgenitto

I will let you know later this week! I am getting a Detroit Tru Trac and 4:56 gears installed on Thursday!
Resist the urge to play hard withthose new gears'Nitto.You've really got to break 'em inright or you'll destroy your rear end.They should go over the proper procedure with you, but if they don't,Randy's Ring & Pinion has an excellent "How To" in their"FAQ" section. Also, make sure the break inlube is changed at500 miles.After that break-in fluid is changed and everything looks OK, then DRIVE THAT SOB LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: dodgenitto

I will let you know later this week! I am getting a Detroit Tru Trac and 4:56 gears installed on Thursday!
Resist the urge to play hard withthose new gears'Nitto.You've really got to break 'em inright or you'll destroy your rear end.They should go over the proper procedure with you, but if they don't,Randy's Ring & Pinion has an excellent "How To" in their"FAQ" section. Also, make sure the break inlube is changed at500 miles.After that break-in fluid is changed and everything looks OK, then DRIVE THAT SOB LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!
That is exactly my plan! I have read multiple times the procedure for breaking them in! I am going to do exactly that! But once I have had the fluid changed I am going to do exactly that! I couldn't have said it better myself!

jonnymagnum-- I paid $1560 for everything including install and check up!

Quick Reply: 4.7l with gears?