3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CAI from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
kicker417
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI from ebay

Are the CAI or Cold Air Intakes any good from ebay at all specially the one that comes with the K&N filter kinda want to get 1 today what do yall think

Old 05-27-2008, 08:42 PM
kckettridge
Default RE: CAI from ebay

A buddy of mine bought one for his Dakota....it's total junk!It looks "homemade", almost like someone is bending tubing out of their garage and usinghardware you buy from Home Depot to install it. I bought the K&N FIPK for my Ram off e-bayand really like it. Don't go cheap....buy the real deal. It will be worth it in the long run. BTW...my buddy ended upscrapping the "generic" CAI and also bought a K&N for his truck.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an ebay intake from Insys on my Ram for awhile, cost me $70 and I thought it was okay...wrong! I just replaced it with the Spectre CAI from Airram.com and the difference was incredible. http://www.airram.com/product.php?ca...;productid=736 It's $152 shipped, and my truck definitely had more power than with the piece of trash I got from ebay. I just got it in today, so I can't make any remarks on fuel economy, but I could feel that my truck was breathing better and had more power. And the noise...that CAI sounds great and it is not expensive in the least compared to a lot of other name brand intakes. You get what you pay for quite honestly, and the seller I used on ebay, no communication at all, and it took them over a week to ship. The guys at Airram sent me an email confirming my order, shipped the product the next day, and emailed me the tracking info. I would absolutely buy from them again.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:23 PM
chriss

lol i just ordered a k&n cold air intake system for my 05 cummins off ebay for 250$
i hope its not junk or ill be kickin myself.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K&N intakes are a good product, doesn't much matter where you buy them, but ebay is flooded with a lot of no name generic CAIs that are terrible.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 AM
kicker417
Veteran

did u also get the Jet Stream Scoop????????????????

Quick Reply: CAI from ebay