3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can you disable the Sirius option?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
BottledViolence
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you disable the Sirius option?

About a month before my subscription was up, Sirius started calling me like a psycho ex. When I told them I was no longer interested in their service because of their excessive calls to my cell phone from telemarketers, they apparently decided to call even more. No I will no longer listen to satellite radio in my truck. Its a shame really, their invasive pestering actually made me tear up the check for a 2 year renewal I was going to send them since I liked the programing.

So is there a way to get rid of the sat option when changing modes?

I was under the impression that the factory ipod adapter used that input, replacing the sat radio. Am I completely off here?

I thought I read something about it, but didn't see anything in the manual when I looked.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
sos
All Star
Default RE: Can you disable the Sirius option?

Not sure about the iPod part, but I've heard that the Sirius receiver is seperate, located behind the glovebox. If you were to unplug it from the radio, maybe it would realize it's not there and just skip over it.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

wow... seems like it would have been easier to just pay them to renew the first or second time around since free radio totally sucks. I couldnt function in my truck, buick or girlfriends jeepwithout my Octane and Buzzsaw and a little Hair Nation!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Jimmi

I kow it is suuuuuuuch a pain ion the a$$ dealing with them people. So do like I do call them complain and get free stuff

Old 07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Ben D.
Champion

so if you had the check why did you not just tell them you were going to renew it when the first time they called you??? story's not making sense here bud

Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
HemiJay

ORIGINAL: sos

Not sure about the iPod part, but I've heard that the Sirius receiver is seperate, located behind the glovebox. If you were to unplug it from the radio, maybe it would realize it's not there and just skip over it.
He is right. It is right behind the glove box and is easy to remove. 2 screws and 2 plugs and it's out.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
HarvinJeep

Chew them out, they will stop. If not the next time tell them they are bugging you and you want another year free, and keep telling them that until they either stop or they give you the freebie year. One way or the other have a little fun with them.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
BottledViolence

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

so if you had the check why did you not just tell them you were going to renew it when the first time they called you??? story's not making sense here bud
Because I hate telemarketing. I got their letter, they don't need to interrupt my dinner to beg for money. If they had just stopped the first time I might have ended up sending it in anyway. The next 4 calls ensured that I never use the service again. Just like the Jeep dealership that didn't quit calling to remind me to get my oil changed.

I'll just get an iPod integrator and play podcasts and mp3s.

Anyone install one? I'm interested to see how they work. I'll be taking out the Sirius this weekend, thanks for the info!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

there is a cord at radioshack to plug directly into the stock stereo

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
BottledViolence

I'll check that out. I've got credit card points to burn on Dodge stuff and my truck is paid for, but $225 seems a bit steep just to plug in an ipod.

Quick Reply: Can you disable the Sirius option?