3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vent shades

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vent shades

I just installed some vent shades, and now there is an annoying loud wind noise. Has anybody tried adding some extra rubber insulation to the top of the door seal to get rid of the noise? Any other ideas to stop it? I'm going to have to peel these damn things off if I can't get it to stop. They don't work anyway, water gets in w/ the windows cracked.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
8t5gt
Veteran
Default RE: vent shades

lmao. i get a little noise from mine, but their enormous bubble ones. i love how they block the mirror it helps at night with glare from headlights. i just deal with it for the xtra privacy. are urs inchannel or ?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:06 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine do the same thing. I have the standard out of channel tape on type.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wind noise is coming from the VentShades. I don't imagine there is anything you could do to the door seals to stop it. I've used them since 1987 and never had an issue with leakage except for wind-blown rain (recent hurricanes). Are you lowering the windows too far?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

They are not the in channel ones, they glued onto the door frame. I open the windows around 3/4" when driving if it's cool enough outside, and water gets in some times. If anyone in the Atlanta area is looking for a set of free vent shades (minus the adhesive), let me know. If you come get them, they are yours.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

yea...our truck have the worst shape for these things...cause the doors taper as they hit roof line. my old dakota had the visors, and they were awesome cause the doors were vertical. but with our rams, you can only crack the window like 1"...otherwise the bottom of the visor drips directly into your door storage onto things u don't need wet...

Old 07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
reindeerman
Rookie

I installed Wade brand in channel visors. No difference than without as far as noise. They work great and I can leave my windows down an inch or so when parked or on the road and no rain intrusion.

Quick Reply: vent shades