3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got muah airaid :) *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 PM
pcollins
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got muah airaid :) *pics*

If you dont mind me asking Severe, why didnt you choose to go with one of the Jr Airaid kits for $148 that includes their filter? Just want to see your 2 cents before I decide on the one you got or the Jr.

Thanks

Old 07-10-2008, 09:58 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Cause i'm getting one of these bad boys instead and with the $40 saved I can almost pay the samehttp://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaa.aspx. The airaid filter is like a k&n and is a oiled cotton gaze (you have to buy a cleaning kit and it can get messy)...the amsoil is a synthetic fiber with a 4yr/100,000 miles guarantee that only has to be vacuumed.

There's another thread about the different filters called performance filters or something like that.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM
pcollins
Veteran

Thanks for the advice, didnt realize the Jr. included an oil filter. I think I am gonna go the route you did, except I am gonna get my Airaid off Ebay so I dont have to pay Summits handling charge of $11. Comes out to $10 cheaper on ebay if anybody else is interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Airai...spagenameZWDVW

Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

^^^Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[:@]I knew I should've looked there too. Oh well, I was hoping Summit would send me another free hat but they didn't....bastards. They do ship fast though i'll give'em that..

Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 PM
pcollins
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

^^^Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[:@]I knew I should've looked there too. Oh well, I was hoping Summit would send me another free hat but they didn't....bastards. They do ship fast though i'll give'em that..
Ah its cool, $10 aint much. I just entered a Best Offer of $100 so we will see if the guy bites haha. If so, I can get the filter from Amsoil for $60 after shipping and tax and get out of the whole messfor $160 total. Guess it will bemy present to myself.

P.S.- Is there anywhere to get theAmsoil filter except the Amsoil website? I was looking and cant seem to find them anywhere else.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

No i've never found a place that sells Amsoil...if ya find one let me know and i'll do the same. They do have a "find a dealer" button where you put in your zip...closest one to me is 50 miles away [:@].

Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 PM
pcollins
Veteran

Oh cool. I just looked it up and there is one 3 miles from me. I will go down there sometime this weekend and see how much those filters are going for. If its worthwhile for you I could buy one for you also and ship it for much less than Amsoil Im sure. I will let you know what I find out.

EDIT: I just checked my email and I won that Airaid kit for $100 shipped. Ha.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Nice!!! You're gonna make out like a bandit..

Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 AM
pcollins
Veteran

Yeah, hopefully it all turns out as planned

By the way, I just sent emails to 3 different Amsoil dealers in my area to check the total price on those filters, including tax (Im hoping by chance they are cheaper than the online store but probably are the same price... worth a shot though.)

If you want you can give me your zipcode and I can check how much the shipping would be. I will let you know when I hear back on the prices.

Quick Reply: Got muah airaid :) *pics*