3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck still Curves right after alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck still Curves right after alignment

I got an aligment 5 days ago and when I let go of the steering wheel it still curves to the right like 2 seconds after I let go. Is this normal? I saw them do the whole thing looked legit. Should I take it back? The reason for the alignment was from the new tires crowning from cranking the bars.( cranked em back down )What should I do? Also do aligments have warrantys? what happens if my tires get worse ?

Old 07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
bpv
Rookie
Default RE: Truck still Curves right after alignment

Same thing happened to me after I installed a leveling kit. I took it back and they redid the alignment without saying a word. Even after the second alignment it still pulls to the right but only slightly. I'm thinking of taking it back in again.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

I would take it back ASAP!!!! Otherwise they are going to say that you hit a pot hole!

It may have a very slight pull to the right because the roads should be crowned to allow the water to run off! Take it somewhere there will be no other cars and straddle the yellow line and see if there is still any pulling going on!

If so then take it back right away!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Lash
Professional

It could be the tires.

Mine had a pull when I had the stock goodyears on it. I rotated them and it went away.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
mmstar23
Champion

it shouldnt be anything drastic, but it should pull a little. do as nitto said. try and find a road with no traffic, maybe a straight road in a neighborhood. drive in the center of the road and see if it does it. then drive in the opposite lane, like your in another country. it should veer left in the right lane and a little left in the right lane. its how the road is for rain drainoff

Old 07-17-2008, 01:14 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Even with the roads designed to allow rain to slide off one side....if you are riding in a straight line and let go of the wheel, it should pull slightly to the right after a few seconds. This is not just because of the road, but also because of the fact should you fall asleep at the wheel, your vehicle would pull to the right and off the road rather then into oncoming traffic.

However, the alignment should be virtually perfect, so it shouldnt be noticable as soon as you let go of the wheel. Only after 3-5 seconds should it pull to the right, slightly...

Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 AM
sa1765
Veteran

are you sure it's really pulling to the right and it's not the road going left?

aw come on...wasn't anyone else thinking the same thing.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:10 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the tires are garbage.

Quick Reply: Truck still Curves right after alignment