3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge will not fix my actuator.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
sos
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge will not fix my actuator.

That seems dumb that they wont do something you started. I tried replacing my fan clutch on my old Dakota, and when I couldnt get the bolts off, I called my local shop, told them I tried and couldnt, and they said bring in the part and they would do it and they only charged me for labor.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 PM
TheUsed801
Professional

It's so humorous as to how much you loathe Dodge now.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
reindeerman
Rookie

TheUsed801,
I feel for you but as you said they are on to your scheme. Since you were playing games then what did you expect? I really can’t blame them for not wanting working on a vehicle that you have started on unless they complete the entire rebuild. They really can’t guarantee that kind of stuff. I can see that they would be skeptical about a missing dash! Not many customers drive into their Dodge dealership without a dash!

HammerZ71
Has the right idea. Just be honest with them and ask for a favor. I think you would get better results. You may have already blown that possibility by lying to them.

NYPANAMA42
Your quote: “Dodge is putting out a inferior product....and doesn't stand behind their products.â€
If you dislike Dodge that much I would suggest selling it or trading for something else.

Reindeerman[/b] - Not much else to say but good luck.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
bigmudder77
Professional

we have a dealer like that around here but i wrote to the paper and they put my story in there lol

Old 07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
bigmudder77
Professional

they told my sister that they needed to replace the whole front end and susption cause of RUST DAMAGE and they showed her the rust over $1000 in repairs they wanted

Old 07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
bigmudder77
Professional

its a 04 chevy caliver (ya cant spell) so no way it rusted out that fast any ways i go down there and pretty much tell all of them off then they call her and said they would replace every thing for free

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 AM
bigmudder77
Professional

she went in there for a clunking sound some times when she turns it was dam strut bearings got water and rusted tight together under $100 with parts and labor. but they do this all the time to women that they think dont know much about cars

Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

@ NYPANAMA...

whatever dude

How about more accurately... **** happens and stuff breaks, thats life. Funny since my 04 ram hasnt had anything wrong with it and 95+ percent of the guys here havent hadthat actuator fail, its the luck of the draw when an electric motor goes out. After all sooner or later something is going to fail when a vendor literally makes 100,000's of thousands of parts.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 AM
BigHorned
Amateur

if it's out of warranty then why are youtaking it to a dealer if you don't want to pay dealer prices.Research a decent indy and get the job done for half the price(usually).

I agree with vipers...

I haven't seen anything on here besides your dash caving in. If the dash on my 06 f's up then I will get it fixed. Usually dashes only crumble/break or fade badly if we don't take care of them.

Pulled over a'981500 the other day on base and he actually cut a hole in his dashtop for his coffee cup since his cup holder was too small.

Quick Reply: Dodge will not fix my actuator.