3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas Pedal stuck & Cruise control stopped working 07 hemi

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:54 AM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact same thing happen to me with my 2007 Ram and Chrysler denied me also. Here is my link:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...your-help.html

And another:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...tor-stuck.html

Last edited by pousaan; 10-08-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
damiannojokeouttacontrol1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas pedal stuck 06 dodge 1500

2006 dodge ram 1500 big horn edition hemi

Yesterday i went to pass a truck and floored the pedal, i went to let up and noticed the pedal was stuck. So i slightly hit the brake but that didnt do much at 85 mph and accelerating. Was late at night and no 1 on the road so i let it accelerate and tried mesiing with the gas pedal with my foot but nothing woukld pop it out. So with the speedometer buried past 120 i put it into neutral came to a stop on side of the road. tried messing with the gas pedal with my hand but nothing would pop it out. So siting with rpms maxed out in neutral and no way to disengae the acceleration i turned the truck off and immediately the gas pedal poped out. I started the truck back up and drove home 50 miles with no incidents i just didnt floor the gas pedal.
But next day wanted to see if i could recreate the incident. So on a safe road to try it i floored the pedal and same exact thing it got stuck only way to unstick is turn truck off. I did this 5 times and evry time it happens. There is no mats or anything catching on pedal and no way to manually puill the pedal out it is ****ing stuck when this happens. only thing to get it unstuck is turn truck off and it pops out like instantly.
truck is siting in my driveway and able to recreate the problem at any time.

Im posting this for some suggestions on what i should do? Lawsuit? report it to who? Or just take it to dealership and get charged to fix it and no report of malfunctioning truck?

Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 AM
imimpulsive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrysler has repeatedly denied this as a problem with me. There are starting to be more and more reports of this and I'm convinced somebody is going to die. This is a great chance to prove there is a problem and have them do a recall. But I don't trust them at all - I think they'll fix it and brush it under the rug. I think the best thing to do first is report it to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration asap: File a Complaint for Child Seats, Tires, Equipment, Vehicles Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm) (888) 327-4236 and ask them for advice. It would be good to have an independent consultant or licensed mechanic verify the symptoms so that Chrysler cannot deny it. If they need another witness, I can be reached at x@perative.com because this happened to me too and nearly killed me. http://imimpulsive.blogspot.com/2010...at-almost.html

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal stuck & Cruise control stopped working 07 hemi