3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sts turbo for hemi ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
dafaic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well always be prepared. Thats a good motto. Research is the key. I did a lot of research when I bougth a 04 Impala SS tuned it, smaller pulley on the sc, methanol injection, header back exhaust, and so fourth. Would cut mid 13's in the 1/4. Not bad for a mildly modded family car that would run stock ls1's.

One night late while I was out data logging runs I hit 94mph in 2nd and the tranny refused to shift. Caused the motor to overrev and blew the tops out of 1, 3, and 5. All three plugs had smashed electrodes but the car still ran! Put it all back to stock and the wife drove it 3 months with a new different computer. She took it in 3 times for blowing black smoke while getting on the freeway.

I had a laptop and dhp software so it was almost like running a standalone. You could manipulate anything in the pcm.

They finally replaced the engine at 22k miles. After I got it back I checked the pcm and it had been locked by the dealer.

I quit playing with daily drivers. Now I have a 400+ rwhp 97 lt1 trans am.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
MrTDR04

I agree with "Dafaic" daily drivers are hard to make relighable but stock is only fun when you first get it lol. I also have a 99 mustang that was a daily driver with 413 rwhp and 442# of torque but who is to say that someone else with the same car and same mods would not run into every problem in the book.

I do feel that a small 6# kit should be fine daily driven because even stock stuff still breaks look at my Dodges trany right now its back at the shop again and its stock as can be all around. No lift, no chip, no power adds at all but I still have broken parts lol.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
bluealphadragon
Smile

i do agree with you all, but its not fun if it aint modded. unless its a supercar. if it does brake i'll have a reason to change the bottom-end and cam and maybe even the heads

Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
blacktop
Rookie

Originally Posted by kenihemi
Blacktop,

What fuel pressure produces the 24lbs?

My truck makes 59lbs of fuel pressure.
I believe its between 35-38lbs at least thats what my mustang is stock vacuum off at idle.

I'm a big ford mustang enthusiast and have to compare everthing to my experience with ford because I'm new to the dodge 5.7 hemi.

stock mustangs run 19lb injectors in the 302 and the '93 cobra had 24lb. You don't really need a meth kit unless you want to push it and run more timing. On ford 302 18-22 total degrees of timing are what you want at max boost rpms. I don't know what The hemi likes needs. You do need a way of controlling the fuel and timing. Your going to need to pull timing from the upper rpm range and add some fuel up there also.
Get a wideband 02 to monitor your Airfuel ratio. 11.5AF up top 14.7AF cruise.

In my supercharged '86 Mustang I run 42lb "green" which are just keeping up with the 503RWHP It makes. At redline I think the fuel pressure is around 60+lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6OQAKeCd_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaU2ovfRppQ

If you run a turbo or supercharger at more that 6lbs I would suggest 60lb injectors.

Last edited by blacktop; 08-11-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: sts turbo for hemi ram