3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any one with an 07 thinking about after market intakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 AM
bchap05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I don't really want to take it out as I like how the truck feels better with it in. I do know that when I went on a long trip I got way better mileage without it as it was mostly up a constant slight hill so I had to have the pedal down farther than I would on flat and since the Powerwire uses more fuel WOT I went from 17-18(powerwire) to 21-22(no powerwire).

Lately with city driving I have been getting 12mpg and when I bought the truck I was getting 15. It has 11k miles so it should be getting a little better not worse. I live right in the middle of my city though so its 3 miles or less to work, the mall, downtown or almost anywhere that I need to go. I also noticed the drop off after installing my intake but I guess that was about the same time I bought my house and my average trip dropped by about 2-3 miles so the truck is running cold most of the time.

Maybe I won't even mess with it, what do you guys think is it just the short trips? I noticed that in early January i had my oil changed with 9,000 miles on the truck and 7 months later I'm at 11,500 miles. So obviously my trips are really short.

Last edited by bchap05; 08-15-2008 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Any one with an 07 thinking about after market intakes