3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:09 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with DeWalt... the transfer of energy in a collision goes through the entire vehicle, and with an impact that intense there could be a million things wrong. Time to pick out a new ride... on his dime.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:11 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

If the hemi is good, pull it and mail it to me... need one for the jeep project (inspired by Extream 4x4... burn outs in a jeep... swwwweeeettttt)!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:27 AM
tigman250
Rookie

i would hope for a total, trucks with that much dammage are NEVER the same no matter how good the shop is repairing them.

good luck, sorry to hear of your bad luck.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by epegasus
Has a similar type wreck. Caused over $9k worth of damage. The whole frame had to be replaced. Insurance did NOT total the truck. Unbelievable.
bastards. to me a whole frame replaced is a salvaged truck, it aint the same truck it used to be. maybe u just had crappy coverage, but if someone gets in a wreck, you don't give them back a salvaged truck.

thats y i couldnt get too mad at dodgeitthenram it for his stupid move of hydrolocking his engine then making an insurance claim. the insurance company will screw you over just as quick and save that money right back.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:08 AM
epegasus
Rookie

Couldn't agree more about Insurance companies being a total rip off but, if they weren't going to total the truck, the next best thing was for them to give me a new frame as opposed to trying to straighten the bent one. At least that way all the mounting points are in alignment. I must admit that the truck drove well and I really didn't have any other problems. But a $9k bill?? I couldn't have sold that truck for $9k before the accident.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Schmec@gmail.com

Thats crazy they replaced the entire frame, the 9k is all the labor involved in that. My truck really doesn't even look that bad from the outside, the bumper is folded up pretty well but it didnt even break the headlight. Its when ya look underneath and into the wheel well that everything looks bad. The subframe where the lower control arm bushing sit on each side is bent out the front is a good 2'' at least. The coilover is bent way the hell out from the knuckle just pulling forward. The passenger side wheel is mashed all around the lip so the bead is broken and it went flat. The passenger side took the hit to the curb hard so what it looks like behind there i have no idea other then the wheel being really mashed. geico just sent me a message saying they assigned an adjuster to it so hopefully they'll let me know soon.
I had the loan payoff option put on when i bought the truck, where if you crash it they pay the entire remaining loan off. I refinanced with another bank. Do i still have that insurance on there? it was built into the total sale price.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
epegasus
Rookie

Yikes!! Sounds like a total loss to me. In contrast, I had a motorcycle get totaled just because there was a minor scratch on the swingarm. THAT'S IT! A scratch. I loved that bike, too.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Schmec@gmail.com

Ya, i was happy i wasn't on my bike (06 gsxr 600) would have been to if i didn't have to drop of my laundry at the cleaners. I woudn't be typing right now if i was on the bike.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:23 AM
epegasus
Rookie

Good luck with the adjuster.

Quick Reply: Accident