3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DUAL EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Chrome Hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUAL EXHAUST

I have an 04 Hemi and I'm looking to put some duels on her. I want something with a good sound, volume when on the gas but little noise cruising. I was checking out the flowmaster force II system but I don't know a lot about duels. The kit sounds good but I'm not sure which set up to get and haven't found much by looking around. Everything is for ford or chevy. Anyone out there know anything about this? Should I get a true duel set up? Is this system going to give me HP and better fuel without hindering torque? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:06 AM
hemi021
Default RE: DUAL EXHAUST

I have the Flowmaster Series 40 on mine. It's loud but sounds damn good. You might wanna try the Flowmaster Series 50. Mine gives me a noticable better MPG since I had it installed. Also check out this link.... TONS of info on exhaust's for the HEMI http://hemitruckclub.infopop.cc/eve/...2&f=4480038252

Old 02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Chrome Hemi

Thanks hemi021. I checked with flowmaster and they don't make the force II for a hemi engine anyway. Guess that eliminates that. The tech advised the 50 series muffler as well so I think I'll look into it. I aslo posted a ? on http://hemitruckclub.com after reading some of the stuff they had on there. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I had a set of duals installed on my Hemi a few months ago.I shopped around until I remembered who did the exhaust on my PT. They used a flowmaster,this time they used another brand. I forget the name of it but it's made in the US. I don't think that the name of the product really matters anyway. It's how much is it going to cost and how long will it last and how good it sounds..I remember now it's called " Excalibur" It. really has a good deep sound, people really look when I drive by them. The price was $391.60 installed. all seams are welded and the chrome tips come out the side behind the rear wheels. It took about two hours to install. I hope this helps you out.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:53 PM
IS_THAT_A_HEMI
Rookie

I have an 04 Ram Hemi too.. I had true duals installed on mine, custom made by a local mechanic, went with dual Flowmaster 40 series. Since the flowmasters are far enough to the back of the truck, it really isnt too loud in the cab. Frankly I wouldnt mind if it were alittle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11020/A6E00896DC604E4FA436331629E5E790.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Chrome Hemi

I was going to get the mopar duels from borla but they only came as side duels and I really wanted rear. Now I think I'll go with a flowmaster 50 Series but I'm not sure whether to go with true duals or not since I already have to cats on. Does going from two cats to only one make any difference in power and gas mileage? Does true duels get more power than just one cat? Is my truck going to sounds too loud idiling with true duels?

Old 02-02-2005, 12:12 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

I just had a shop here in Phoenix bend custom exhaust for my 03 Hemi. I went with Magnaflow. The tone isn't quite the hollow sound of a flowmaster but more of a mellow deep note until you get into it and then it will turn heads. I had both tips tucked up high and just peak out at the rear corners so as not to drag them on the tail.
I think custom exhaust is the way to go. I looked at alot of "exhaust kits" and found the custom job at a small shop was cheaper by far and i was able to get exactly what i wanted.
Good luck[sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Old 02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
harley_sr

I had a shop put in a X pipe, and run dual pipes back into 2 seperate flowmasters w/ turn downs. WOW, it was much faster, and is really loud when you are running under 40mph, but going down the road, it has a nice rumble to it.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:48 PM
hemi77

I put flowmasters on my 04 hemi. Sounds killer. But sounds like every other truck on the road. I wish I had a more unique sound. My neighbors have two trucks, a chevy and a yota. Its hard to tell the difference between all three of them. We all put flows on them.

Ian 77[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

If you want a really different sound get one of those chrone air intakes.I put one on my PT and people look to see what's coming.

Quick Reply: DUAL EXHAUST