3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Amsoil Vs. Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:19 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POLICE RAM
evidentally, you guys like believing ads on t.v.,
no, i dont, i saw the results

and it sounds like your not professional mechanics as well.
I'm not, i'm an engineer

i made a second point next to collaping filters, i stated hastings and baldwin have better filter elements, which they do
no, they don't, and what you're eyes told you don't count. what a independent test says about it does count

-but com'on, do you really want a filter on you investment like a wix or fram that have been known to collapse?
i have no idea if your statement is accurate. but even if it is, so 3 wix collapse out of tenthousand and only 2 baldwin collapse out of a tenthousand...ooohh, wix collapses 50% more!! i'll take my chances (but at least we can all agree Fram sucks)

why spend 20-30 grand or whatever the cost was to buy your truck, run good oil but a known problamatic filter-if you want the best filter made it is and has been for a long time-hastings filters
so instead of getting a filter that actually filters well all the time but has a slightly higher chance of collapse (if your statement is even accurate), you'll put on one that sucks at what it is supposed to do all the time, but when the planets align will not collapse when a wix will.

haha, and white trucks are faster than black ones-that was a very stupid remark JD1500
isn't that what JD was saying?? you don't get it, do you?

I don't like to make personal remarks, but you seem very very persistent to hand out information that, again, has no statistical evidence, and is actually contradicting what independent tests have shown. Hell, you're so far off you even have me and HankL on the same side of the line, and I don't think that has EVER happened.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
POLICE RAM

Well, i'm a professional mechanic, and in the automotive world, we( mechanics), usually fix problems engineers make. Most engineers will tell you what things are designed to do, mechanics will tell you what it can actually do. The engineer i talked to was very honest with me and didnt beat around the bush-he's an engineer i respect, not the ones that tell you something can do something when in the real world it cant.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, you guys do it your way, I'll continue to do it my way. I've had gas engines that have lasted in my company vehicles for 350k miles, using Mobil 1 and both Mobil 1 and Wix filters, changed every 6k miles. I have always changed my Mobil 1 in my personal vehicles every 3k, but not out of any need, I'm just **** about maintenance. Besides, I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles per year, so a 3k oil change is usually every six months. Royal Purple has appeared to be cleaner at 6k than the Mobil 1 was at 3k, which is why I've gone to 6k with it. I'm getting better fuel economy and a slightly smoother sounding engine with the RP, even at 6k. Now if I'm able to spend more time at the farm, working the truck harder and in much dirtier conditions, I may very well go back to 3k changes, but again, it'll be my eyes and good old common sense that will dictate it.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1----Hammer!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

evidentally,

haha, and white trucks are faster than black ones-that was a very stupid remark JD1500

Wow, Evidently sarcasm and common sense are lost on you...

The fact is your ignoring the filtering capabilites of a filter, (wich is its purpose btw) for one that "collapses less" Independent studies have proven that those filters are sub par, despite what they "look" like to you.

No one here was attacking you personally. There is no need to attack other peoples intellegence (especially when you miss the whole point of the comment) or there profession as an engineer.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 PM
POLICE RAM

if you read what i wrote, i also stated hastings and baldwin's filter elements are better-which they are. and i didnt attack his intellegence, maybe i should have typed it out for you. most engineers dont have skills as a mechanic or tradesman, most of them graduate college with an engineering degree and they think they know something about how things work. personally i'd rather hire a guy thats been working on cars and trucks for 15-20 years with no college experience, than hire a guy with a degree that hasnt gotten his hands dirty. i will be straight up and say if you feel like i attacked you personally FEEJAY, i apologize, i was out of line-we are all part of a brotherhood here as ram owners. sorry man

Old 09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

OK, hatchet burried! This is a forum, it's expected that we are going to have a plethora of varying opinions. It's perfectly fine to voice your different opinion, but it can be done in a non-personal manner.
I don't think anyone posts opinions in this sections more than I do, and I'm very opinionated, so it's natural that I'm going to be disagreed with a lot. But I don't make it personal, at least until after someone lays it on me, then the gloves will come off. But you don't agree, make it professional and leave it in that thread. You don't jump on the guy in another thread, of an entirely different topic, even though you may agree with the guy, just for the sake of making it personal.
Now everybody, let it lie...

OK, lecture over, moderator duty done, now I'll PM all you a$$holes so I can talk bad about your mothers...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 09-08-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

if you read what i wrote, i also stated hastings and baldwin's filter elements are better-which they are. and i didnt attack his intellegence, maybe i should have typed it out for you. most engineers dont have skills as a mechanic or tradesman, most of them graduate college with an engineering degree and they think they know something about how things work. personally i'd rather hire a guy thats been working on cars and trucks for 15-20 years with no college experience, than hire a guy with a degree that hasnt gotten his hands dirty. i will be straight up and say if you feel like i attacked you personally FEEJAY, i apologize, i was out of line-we are all part of a brotherhood here as ram owners. sorry man
other than the filter bit, agree on everything you said.
no need to apologize.

but i assure you, i am not one of "those" engineers, not by a longshot.

hatchet buried

Old 09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
OK, lecture over, moderator duty done, now I'll PM all you a$$holes so I can talk bad about your mothers...
yo momma's so fat...

Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 AM
electricmarquis@yaho

It never fails.......Oil threads are priceless.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Vs. Royal Purple