3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First three mods complete- now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:32 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullycapone
So ive installed what some would say is the usually the first three mods to complete, the exhaust, superchip and cai. I plan on maybe puttin in a 6.1 cam and lift next fall but in the meantime im wondering what else I can do to gain a little juice without breaking the bank and without totally destroying my warranty.

I have seen the power wire, but I dont like the sounds of it myself, what else can I do?

thanks
If you get caught with that tune then your warranty is already gone...so don't get caught. If you're a 2wd then rear gears would be "cheap" mod with good gains...it's still worth doing on a 4wd but not as cheap.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:22 AM
HEMIslide
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I believe I just found the definition of getting old, I'm 41 now and for the last four or five years I've come to decide that all a stereo, amp, speakers and sub woofer do is drown out the sound of a great exhaust note...
Dont get me wrong, I love the sound of my exhaust, but I like loud music too--such a dilemma. I drive on the highway to/from work and instead of listening to the exhaust, Id much rather be listening to something a little more livelier. Now, putzing around town, you bet--the exhaust wins hands down.

-slide

Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 AM
HEMIslide
Rookie

Ya ive just started getting going on that, im just gonna add a little more chrome to the chrome package already in place.

- Chrome hemi license plate frames
- Chrome hemi license plate nut caps
- Chrome ram logo tire valve stem caps
- Chrome diff cover
- Stainless front and rear door entry guards
- Chrome bug deflector
- Chrome tailgate handle
- Tint front windows, all others done already
- Maybe a lid for my box, although I dont really care for the newer dodge ones, with the two humps on it

As far as lifts, it will just be a leveling kit, I want a truck for all purposes, 4x4in, speed, power, looks, once you jack it up high it basically becomes a 4 wheeler only imo so im pushin for the whole package on and off road.

Oh one other thing I really want to do but not sure if I can is put a 09 ram bumper on my 08 to fit my dual exit exhaust into, really hoping this works, love the look.
Damn, thats alot of chrome. But on the black truck, that would probably look great. Ive debated about putting the chrome handles on mine, but have waffled a bit. Definitely put up pics if/when you get that done.

-slide

Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Skullycapone
Rookie

what is the advantages of the 4:56 gears? Right now im 3:92 antislip.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
If you get caught with that tune then your warranty is already gone...so don't get caught. If you're a 2wd then rear gears would be "cheap" mod with good gains...it's still worth doing on a 4wd but not as cheap.

Some say it voids warranty some say it doesnt, id like to know really which it is. I think alot of it would depend on who is fixing your truck should something go wrong, will they tell dodge he did this mod, or will they be cool and keep it zipped for you. I know enough mechanics i think that wouldnt tell dodge anything, but im not sure how that works either, seems to easy.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:17 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

From the Superchips website:

"Question # 1 Will it void my warranty? No. It is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based solely on the fact that you have installed an aftermarket product. But always remove the tuning before going to a dealer for service. For information regarding denial of warranty coverage, go to the SEMA website."

Old 09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

what is the advantages of the 4:56 gears? Right now im 3:92 antislip.

More power and torque. You will be a lot faster off the line! Increase your towing power, and/or drag times! It will improve your city and stop-and-go gas milage, but your highway will go down a tad! I would still recommend 4:56 gears to anyone, and even 4:88 if you are building a fast truck!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
From the Superchips website:

"Question # 1 Will it void my warranty? No. It is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based solely on the fact that you have installed an aftermarket product. But always remove the tuning before going to a dealer for service. For information regarding denial of warranty coverage, go to the SEMA website."
It's only illegal if they can't prove that the mod directly caused the failure per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act...which wouldn't be hard to do with a tune.

Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 09-06-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie

Originally Posted by dodgenitto
More power and torque. You will be a lot faster off the line! Increase your towing power, and/or drag times! It will improve your city and stop-and-go gas milage, but your highway will go down a tad! I would still recommend 4:56 gears to anyone, and even 4:88 if you are building a fast truck!

How does this mod affect the warranty? Sounds like somthin I want to do lol

Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There is pretty much nothing they can say a set of gears will do, hell, Mopar makes 4.56s the dealer will put in, if you want to pay like triple.
Obviously, if the aftermarket gears fail, the dealer will not warranty it. Maybe if your stock LSD fails, they can try to blame the gears, but if you are doing gears, have the POS stock LSD replaced with an Auburn or TruTrac while they're in there...

Quick Reply: First three mods complete- now what?