3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
TheBaker
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Void my warranty?

Hey quick question, would a leveling kit and 3'' body lift void my warranty? I do not have the extended warranty, just the normal one. I know that a suspension should void it, because it's replacing parts, but leveling kit and body is just adding.
Thanks

Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Anything you do to your truck, that Dodge can prove led to the failure of a stock component will void your warranty.

Example.... You level the truck. You have an issue with your front suspension or drive train if a 4x4.... They could say the leveling kit led to the failure. However... You level your truck and you toss a rod bearing. That is covered

Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 PM
sos
All Star

They can't void your warranty because you replaced parts unless they can PROVE that what you did caused the other parts to fail. If you replace suspension components, obviously the new parts would not be covered under the warranty, but that doesn't mean that if your alternator died they wouldn't have to cover it. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is the law that prevents them from covering you.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

It could also depend on the dealership you deal with! The one I deal with is in a small community and they won't turn me away regardless! The service manager said he wanted to do to his truck what I have done to mine! They don't blink when I bring it in! If you are in a Large city where they don't (need) your business then they might be more by the book!! But all warranty work is reimbursed by the manufacture.

Quick Reply: Void my warranty?