3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2INCH Front Level Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Traceis3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2INCH Front Level Kit

Hey all,

I see these all over from 69-199 dollars .They say simple install How simple is it and do they come with better than average directions.

Thanks Eric
2008 Dodge Quad Cab

Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Geed
Rookie

I had the ReadyLift leveling kit installed on my '08 Quad Cab...

http://www.readylift.com/c-52-ram-15...-4wd-only.aspx

It's actually a 2.5" lift kit and it leveled out the truck perfectly. After installation I measured from the top of the wheel well to the top of the tire rim and it was exactly a 2" difference. I had the kit installed professionally only because I don't own a good jack or stands that can support the truck. They do include some good detailed instructions though ( http://www.readylift.com/files/instr...0V6%206-08.pdf ).

A WORD OF WARNING HOWEVER: After I had the leveling kit installed the front end started squeaking terribly. According to ReadyLift, any '08 1500 manufactured after March of '08 will require an additional part for correct installation (to prevent the squeak)! I wrote all about it here...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/177654-2008-5-ram-1500-and-readylift-leveling-kits.html

Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm no a fan of the front "level" kit. It makes the trucks look like there's a load of sand in the bed. Then if you do get some lumber or put anything whatsoever in the bed, your truck will look like those imports with a huge stereo box in the trunk with the front lifted...lol
I did read somewhere's that the more expensive kit isthe way to go because they include a bushing of some sort.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
WhiteBerry
Veteran

i had the exact same Q... i was told that with a jeep liberty level kit, the cheap works as well as the expensive, except that the expensive one comes with something to move your struts because after around 20,000 miles on the cheap one, your struts will be shot... as mentioned above, it would seem like a similar situation for our trucks

Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Rick Lottman

Sorry I'm so late to this, but I had to through in my 2 cents. I did go with the more expensive 2.5 inch lift on my 06 4 X 4 QC and had it installed professionally. They come with the lift, new bump stops, ties to reroute the brake lines, etc. The kit was 299.00 Since the shop already had to replace my front struts(because the 06 w/50,000 miles on them were already shot) they didn't charge me any extra to add the lift kit to the new struts....I couldn't believe bad struts after 50,000 miles!!

Quick Reply: 2INCH Front Level Kit