3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008.5 RAM 1500 and ReadyLift Leveling kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Geed
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2008.5 RAM 1500 and ReadyLift Leveling kits

This is a follow up to the message I started HERE but I found it important enough to put the update in a seperate message.

I contacted ReadyLift to see if there was any way possible that their leveling kit could be causing the annoying squeak that appeared in the front end of my truck three days after having it installed. Bryan, the R&D Manager got back to me and verified that the squeak is indeed related to the installation of the leveling kit! From his research they have discovered that sometime after March of 2008 Dodge started leaving out a plate that sits between the upper strut mount and where it mounts to the fender well. Beacuse of this the bushing that sits at the top of the strut assembly does not have support when the leveling spacers are installed and they start to squeak shortly after installation.

They have created a fix for the issue however it requires the removal and re-installation of the strut assembly again. For me this sucks because I paid a truck specialty shop to do the install for me and now they will have to do it all over again. Bryan was going to contact the shop and try to arrange it where I won't have to pay a labor fee again. Basically it's a situation where Dodge changed their design mid-year through and ReadyLift was unaware of the change. If all goes as planned I'll have the shop apply the fix next Weds when they'll be installing my exhaust system.

Hopefully this information will help someone else out there so they won't have to re-do their installation to fix the problem. If you have a 2008 1500 made after March 08 and want a ReadyLift leveling kit call them first and see if you need the additional part to solve the squeaking issue.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Excellent post Geed, thanks for giving fellow '08 owners a heads up!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Snoviper
Rookie

Thanks, I possibly might be installing the kit in the future.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:39 PM
ROAD-KING

Was the updated part useful in reagarding the squeaking noises? Any vibration issues? I will be installing the Ready Lift Kit very soon. My truck will require this update due to the date it was built. Is the update still working out for you? Any other issues?

Thanks for any input.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Very helpful info, indeed. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2008.5 RAM 1500 and ReadyLift Leveling kits