3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablosport Predator Launching!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodgeram2577
Well I called the retailer and they told me I have 90 days to return it. So I think I will return it and pick up this Predator, I like to have the ability to remove MDS.

Would this give better gains as well?
Depends on your mods but Mike is claiming 20-25rwhp and 25-30rwtq on the 93 tune...I doubt it's that high but ya never know.

"93 octane tunes will add roughly 20-25 rwhp and 25-30 ft/lbs of torque at the tires.

There are BIG gains through the low to mid rpm range for sure."

Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Black05Hemi
Rookie

Custom tuning, with full TCM support...Superchips and SCT just got left in the dust

Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
slideways
Rookie

The thing that scares me about the Diablo and SCT is that isnt it possible to go too far and grenade your engine? If you can control every little detail you can really get things screwed up customizing something you know nothing about. I would certainly like to be able to pick a bunch of different tunes but for now i just installed the 3 available on my S/C. I noticed no mpg or power difference with it though.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:57 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by slideways
The thing that scares me about the Diablo and SCT is that isnt it possible to go too far and grenade your engine? If you can control every little detail you can really get things screwed up customizing something you know nothing about. I would certainly like to be able to pick a bunch of different tunes but for now i just installed the 3 available on my S/C. I noticed no mpg or power difference with it though.
The pre-installed tunes are considered safe for all the handhelds as long as your engine is running properly. Using the voltages off of the pre-cat o2's you can get a ballpark figure of what your a/f ratio is when adjusting fuel...but using that method is a very rough tune but it won't grenade your engine. For spark you keep an eye on your knock senors for any STKR. The only truly safe way is to get on a dyno with an wide band sensor.

The good thing about being able to data log is you can drive around and log....then send that info to your tuner and they can send you a more accurate canned or custom tune for your mods.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

ill keep my eye open to see how these work out for people

Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran
Talking tunners

I'll stick to my edge evolution for my HEMI. with the speed limiter gone, set on extreme, I can do 160 easy.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

i just got my superchips 3 weeks ago and its doing great...whats the difference between the predator and the sc tuner? and again , i dont think my 04. 4.7 ltr wont get that one for another 10,000 years but still would like to know....

Old 11-11-2008, 11:00 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting... I don't necessarily want to disable my MDS, but I wonder if Diablo figured out a way to get rid of the "MDS Bump" (as I call it) that plagues the SC tuner and the Edge tuner. Any of you guys with a tuned MDS engine know what I'm talking about, that constant "Thunk" in and out of MDS when you're cruising around 50-65... I've had both the Edge and SC, they both do it, so if Diablo's programmer has a smooth MDS shift, they can mark me down as a customer...

Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 AM
juanovm
Rookie

Originally Posted by bwhite757
Interesting... I don't necessarily want to disable my MDS, but I wonder if Diablo figured out a way to get rid of the "MDS Bump" (as I call it) that plagues the SC tuner and the Edge tuner. Any of you guys with a tuned MDS engine know what I'm talking about, that constant "Thunk" in and out of MDS when you're cruising around 50-65... I've had both the Edge and SC, they both do it, so if Diablo's programmer has a smooth MDS shift, they can mark me down as a customer...

I had this issue when I put the 87 Economy tune on my 07 - hemi

I got so sick and tired of it, that I put the stock program back on it, since then the SC has been collecting dust in a drawer.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Copied response to the MDS question I posted in Diablo's support forums....

Originally Posted by mikel
I have seen it to be worse with other tuners, but any time you reduce TM the MDS pulse will be felt more.

We plan to spend some time with the MDS mapping to see if we cant make it work better than the OEM programming.

Quick Reply: Diablosport Predator Launching!!!