3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablosport Predator Launching!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:27 PM
draco8494
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

ive been looking at them for a wile i just didint know when they were gonna come out for the hemi ram.... i know i want one, just can afford one, too bad they dont have a free giveaway contest dealy

Old 10-31-2008, 08:45 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll keep my superchips.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:24 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I love the one I have for the F150 I got rid of, I'll be getting one soon for the RAM.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 AM
chefred112
All Star

Ordered mine yesterday with custom tuning for my setup...i'm hopin this is the key to gettin me into 12's on the track...NA

Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Dodgeram2577
Rookie

What's the difference between this and the Superchips 3815?

I just bought the Superchips one today!! How is the Diablosport better?

I may just return the superchips back to the retailer tomorrow if I can and wait to see what happens with the diablo.

I want something to give me more performance but I also want a good brand name !. I have an 08 Ram 1500/5.7

Can anyone answer this for me?

Last edited by Dodgeram2577; 11-01-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:35 AM
Got_Mitch
Professional

it can disable MDS???

thats been my problem with choosing a programmer, i want something MDS friendly, but also want to be able to mash the pedal, and rip on her,

whos put some thought into there programmers, with dodge in mind?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:46 AM
HEMIslide
Rookie

Bump for difference btwn this and superchips as far as gains are concerned? This does seem like it has alot more "stuff" added..to include the disable mds feature. Just wondering.

As with everything else, I know there are going to be many pro-predator and pro-SC...just curious as to if it would be worth ditching the SC and p/u something else--provided the gains are that noticeable and drastic?

-slide

Old 11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I gave up on Diablo a long time ago. Too many blatant lies! When I do the cam upgrade I'll be moving my Superchips over to my Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 H.O. and getting the SCT and having custom tunes on it for my Ram. It also helps that I have a performance shop less than 5 miles away who is SCT certified dealer and can do dyno tunes right there...

Old 11-01-2008, 11:33 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Dodgeram2577
What's the difference between this and the Superchips 3815?

I just bought the Superchips one today!! How is the Diablosport better?

I may just return the superchips back to the retailer tomorrow if I can and wait to see what happens with the diablo.

I want something to give me more performance but I also want a good brand name !. I have an 08 Ram 1500/5.7

Can anyone answer this for me?
Diablosport is a very well known brand name...if I was you i'd return that SC but that's just me. If you can get more for your money why not..

Originally Posted by Got_Mitch
it can disable MDS???

thats been my problem with choosing a programmer, i want something MDS friendly, but also want to be able to mash the pedal, and rip on her,

whos put some thought into there programmers, with dodge in mind?
It's an option if you want to disable MDS or not. After you install a tune you can go in and adjust everything.

Originally Posted by HEMIslide
Bump for difference btwn this and superchips as far as gains are concerned? This does seem like it has alot more "stuff" added..to include the disable mds feature. Just wondering.

As with everything else, I know there are going to be many pro-predator and pro-SC...just curious as to if it would be worth ditching the SC and p/u something else--provided the gains are that noticeable and drastic?

-slide
Right off the bat I can tell you the others don't allow you to adjust WOT fuel and spark....and they don't have full data logging. You'll learn a lot with it...from what injector pulse/width does and how to adjust based on your o2 volts. And remember, if you get a custom tune you still get full user adjustability...so you can still add 10% on top of what is already added with the tune.

The predator has been around a long time and for handhelds it has always had the most user adjustable options...for awhile it was the only one with the ability to download custom tunes. I owned one for my LS1 for over 4 years, it was and still is the best on the market IMO...the support was great and it never gave me one problem.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Dodgeram2577
Rookie

Well I called the retailer and they told me I have 90 days to return it. So I think I will return it and pick up this Predator, I like to have the ability to remove MDS.

Would this give better gains as well?

Quick Reply: Diablosport Predator Launching!!!