3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 Dodge Ram Headlight Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 AM
04LS6
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses. Sorry I should have replied to this thread once I figured it out. What it actually was, was that since the truck was used I'm thinking that the previous owner had some aftermarket headlights on the truck and took them with him when he sold the truck. I had a look at both headlight wiring and they were both snipped and then crimped back together, which makes me think they had aftermarket lights in. Anyways, what it was for me was that they wired backwards the high and daylight running wires. So when I was just on daylight, the high beam would be on, but when I put my lights on, the light was on high beam, then on day light running when I would put my high beams on.
All I had to do was switch 2 wires and then things were good!

Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 PM
weeksman

Its all great advice here, I had a similar problem but it was my low beam on the passenger side wouldn't work, I tried all the regular test as I am a mechanic. What I ended up finding was a corrosion build up on the PCM that's attached to the fuse box. Once I cleaned these up everything was fine.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
ccaamm1

The circuit lines on the circuit board in the fuse box are very susceptible to corrosion. I can see the contact points from the silver control module mounted on the side being cause for concern. I had 5 breaks in the tail light circuit from corrosion all within a 3" strip. Two hour repair start to finish. 30 cents worth of solder and wire v.s. $600-$800 for new fuse box courtesy of the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Ram Headlight Issues