3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: Do U think there's enough info on this site that can answer 99% of the ?'s
Nope, the first page is the only hope for all answers
6.90%
Everyone's just too lazy including myself
17.24%
I think everyone needs to do more searches
34.48%
99% umm no but there's enough info for more than 50% of new posts aquired daily
41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

does anyone go past the first page to get answers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:19 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is how the hemitruck club forum is setup and i check it out but have a big preference of everything together like it is here now. if i have a certain thingi want to look for i go there or ask the question here.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only bad thing about the search, I'll explain it in two scenarios.
I'm wanting a new muffler on my truck, but I don't know what kind to get. I go along to the search feature, and first scenario:
I type in muffler, and select it to show by topic. The only problem with that is someone might have a question about that in a topic, and might title it "which to get?" or various other titles about changing it. So that might rule that option out.
Second scenario:
I type in the search to have it show by post content. Well, think what topics you've put in what muffler you have. Whether it be in the "Show your 3rd Gen" topic, or something about what is done to your vehicle.
So then, think about what all topics you have typed in LSD, CAI, muffler, or any of the other big things always asked. Would you like to first go through all of those topics, or do you think that one titled "What should I do?" Well, that could in all honesty be about anything. Whether a CAI, tires, muffler, LSD, new truck, vehicle problem, or other dilemma.
So it's a good thing at times, and a bad thing at other times.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:13 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I think the mods should restrict all newbies from starting threads unless they have been on the site for a certain amount of time or have so many posts! 1 month or 50 posts I feel is sufficient. That would give them time to look around and make them find their own answers!!! This would stop the "registered user" from asking ayet another LSD, Tire, or code questions.

Well here's your chance.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Personally, I search to see what I can find about a subject and then I can refine my question if I haven't found an outright answer. Sometimes there is just too much crap to sort out to make any sense of and I'll just go ahead and post my question. But I much rather try to solve others problems and learn than share a picture of my new dangles. I say let'm post away and if the post is reduntant then suggest a search parameter for the individual to use. That way we all learn a little about how to conduct a useful search. This is a very helpful forum that gives support to folks asking for help and provides a certain social outlet as well. Of course I'm a noobie myself and have my own view of things. I didn't bother to vote as the poll is negetively baised.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Obviously joehemi uses the search function, he managed to pull up a thread from 2008

Quick Reply: does anyone go past the first page to get answers?