3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger hub/bearing

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
TBarCYa
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger hub/bearing

This past weekend I realized that I need to replace the passenger side hub / wheel bearing assembly and it appears that the driver side has the ABS sensor and the passenger side does not. Is this normal? I assume this is due to having only RWABS but just wanted to check before placing an order.

Also, the part is about $239 from any parts store and there's a guy on ebay selling them for $99. Has anyone bought these and if so, is there anything I should look out for? For the price I could buy two and still be ahead of buying one at a parts store and probably 3 versus the dealer price.

Thanks.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

the sensor on the dr side is a speed sensor for other things it is normal to have that setup

Last edited by eaglestorm; 11-25-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Chris1530
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a mopar pass side, willing to let go 100 shipped..
bought before knowing the drivers side had the speed sensor paid 125+ shipping about 6 months ago..
let me know if interested, have pics and original box it came in..

Last edited by Chris1530; 11-25-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:47 AM
TBarCYa
Rookie

Thanks eaglestorm. I didn't want to order the wrong thing and didn't know if my truck was missing something or if I had somehow missed the sensor wire sticking out of the hub while I was changing the brakes last weekend.

Chris, I wish I had seen your message sooner because I just ordered one last nite. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:17 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

I have relaced both of mine in the last month and ordered both off ebay for that price. No problems with the parts but be prepared to use the BFH and a chisel to get them off. My drivers side came off easier than passenger side...if you do it yourself be patient. Oh ... remember to put the brake shield on the right way. I got too excited to get things put back toghether and had to take everything apart again. I did figure out that you can put the hubs in without removing the half shaft assembly from the axle.

Quick Reply: Passenger hub/bearing