3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowering Kit on a 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Trupiano
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did it sensor those links? Thats ****in retarded. Just cause its a different forum?

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM
03celicagts
Professional

Call me nutts but why would you do a rear sway on a 4x4??? Snap steer on a car is a bitch, snap steer in a truck sounds suicidal espesially in winter.

My 2cents:
If you drop a truck get yourself an s10 and c notch it.
Full size trucks aint meant to handle high speed corners Hnadling mods such as Drop springs + sway bars = waste of time and money
spoilers do not belong on trucks

Last edited by 03celicagts; 12-13-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 PM
mike_r
Professional

I wouldn't, nor know anyone who would lower a 4x4. You wanna show your truck off right, not blend in with all the civics.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's done all the time. 2wd are lifted and 4wd are lowered. It's all about what the owner uses his truck for. Many folks bend to peer pressure and lose their ability to think on individual terms. It's your truck do what you want with it, at the end of the day it's your driveway it'll be parked.
Trup, your truck is looking great and I know it handles like a sports car...

Old 12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Trupiano
Veteran

Originally Posted by 03celicagts
Call me nutts but why would you do a rear sway on a 4x4??? Snap steer on a car is a bitch, snap steer in a truck sounds suicidal espesially in winter.

My 2cents:
If you drop a truck get yourself an s10 and c notch it.
Full size trucks aint meant to handle high speed corners Hnadling mods such as Drop springs + sway bars = waste of time and money
spoilers do not belong on trucks

Your nuts! It stops body roll and increases driveability in curves. Snapsteer isn't a problem for me.

Cause not only can I operate my truck in almost any condition... snow, mud, street, as previously stated. But it handles better than most beater ricer cars... like lets say, an 03 celica. LMAO

...says the guy that prolly never uses his truck like a truck should be used. I didn't say I wanted to mini-truck my truck. They're not meant to handle high speed corners cause they're not built that way. Ergo, aftermarket parts! Wow VA these guys are pretty dense huh?

Originally Posted by mike_r
I wouldn't, nor know anyone who would lower a 4x4. You wanna show your truck off right, not blend in with all the civics.
Like I said, I can do almost everything a civic can do driveability-wise, and still outperform your truck, using my truck as a truck.

Now I remember why I left this forum...

Dumb rules, and dense, single-minded members.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

wow, another thread turned upside down cause of narrow minded people, open your mind up and think outside the box people, if you own your truck and lift it thats what you like, or vice versa, i mean come on just cause you dont like it doesnt mean other dont either...

Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by dirtydog
dumb. defeats the whole pupose..imo
I think any truck that is lowered is punkish.
Dog,
I'm taking this straight to you, as a senor poster you should have the cpacity of understanding different uses of our trucks, Your derogatory comment only encourage the ignorant wanabe's that are only interested in how to cripple their trucks performance with over sized tires without supporting modifications. Your lack of knowledge truely surprises me, but since you have established your views let me enlighten you with mine. 4wd trucks with well engineered modification are best lowered for street use and in many ways out performe 2wd street trucks. But since you have your own misconception about what trucks are about I feel you will fail to undersatnd what I am pointing out to you. If you find this response offensive then good, because you need to get educated on some basic automotive physics.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

drop em if you gottem...

Last edited by BadHab1t; 12-14-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Dog,
I'm taking this straight to you, as a senor poster you should have the cpacity of understanding different uses of our trucks, Your derogatory comment only encourage the ignorant wanabe's that are only interested in how to cripple their trucks performance with over sized tires without supporting modifications. Your lack of knowledge truely surprises me, but since you have established your views let me enlighten you with mine. 4wd trucks with well engineered modification are best lowered for street use and in many ways out performe 2wd street trucks. But since you have your own misconception about what trucks are about I feel you will fail to undersatnd what I am pointing out to you. If you find this response offensive then good, because you need to get educated on some basic automotive physics.

HE MADE THAT QUOTE IN DECEMBER OF 2008! When he was basically a NEWBIE here. He's grown as a poster since then, LOL. GEEZ!!!

As far as for the OP and anyone else, as far as I'm concerned (and I've said this before), I wouldn't do it myself, but it's YOUR truck, YOUR money. Do whatever you want to it.

I've seen a lot of 4x4 Grand Cherokee Overlands up at KRC Performance getting lowered, turbo's, etc. for the track. BIG advantage to 4WD and LSD/Lockers for grip at the strip...

Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

I'm in the Middle, Not sure if I wanna lift any higher than the 2" allround I got Now.
I do plan on getting a swaybar to help me eliminate any future **** motion caused by the Auburn LSD and 4:56 Gears (Very Soon). I do realize it would be better for my Truck if I lower back to stock or even 2" lower and by straighten out the CV's just a Tad would get the best speed outta the Truck in 4 HI which is the only way to get going really quick when you are running more than a CAI and Cat-Back.

I would Love a 6" Lift with 35's cause I am from the WOODS, and there its practical and COOL for Sure, But I now Live on the Prairie and don't go offroad cause that means washing mud off the underneath and rocks bangin my nice parts.

I think lowered is OK and especially on a 4X4 gives a Guy advantage in the Spankin Department, But I'm 48 Years old and wear my Ball Cap Forward and still Tie my boot laces.

To each his own, we all share a common Love for these Trucks and thats why we gather here.

Last edited by 03MopaRamman; 12-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Lowering Kit on a 4x4