3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gas,exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:39 PM
crazy_bitch08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the replies.. i had my husbands step father install the system. he has been doing it for yrs. and he charged me 120.00 for everything. and i am thinking now i got some ****y gas cause my mileage is better now with some good gas. but i have been puting my foot in it alot,so that is most of the reason for the gas.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll be going with a Magnaflow cat-back when the funds are available. Nice tone with the proper amount of backpressure for the best performance/mileage. Plus it's all stainless and won't be rusted out in 5 years like aluminized stuff like Flowmaster and such.

As for mileage, with the stock set-up I'm getting about 16.5mpg with the crappy winter gas driving about 70mph. 38miles each way to work and back.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 AM
TexasRam01
Rookie

Crazy,
I have also heard that if you are not running a tuner that requires a premium fuel, to run the lowest grade that your car/truck can run. The engineers have tuned our engines to burn regular octane the best (economy and performance). This could also cause a few less MPG. But I'd bet its mostly you leaning on the gas a little hard.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:55 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

Originally Posted by mdram43
how much did that set up run you? i had a flowmaster on my old truck that ran me just under 400. flowmaster is only for sound, i know they are horrible performance wise. so just wondering what a custom set like that runs?
Mufflers were $30 each at Summit, Flowtech X pipe was $40, and the install was $90, but I already had the dual pipes and tips from my previous system.

Quick Reply: gas,exhaust