3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please take a look.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008 | 08:44 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
|
All Star
Angry Please take a look.......

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ereo-help.html

I have this over in the D section, but ya'll are much more active over here. Im not sure if this type of headunit is even offered in the Ram, but I imagine it is. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Even info on the factory warranty would be great. The dealer we dealt with was about sorry as hell. Didnt explain anything to us. Hell, didn't even wash the truck for us. Thanks.....

Old 12-19-2008 | 03:00 AM
rezonator
Professional

have you tried ebay?

Old 12-19-2008 | 08:01 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
|
All Star

Yep, looking at least $275 for a used unit. Thats the cheapest Ive seen them for as of the other night. I just hate to drop that on something that obviously might not last more than a day after I put it in, ya know? $100-150, maybe.

I was also wondering if my factory unit out of my ram would work in there. Its the single disc/mp3 type. Looks like it would size-wise, Im just not sure about the harness. I plan on going the whole sub/amp/cd route eventually, so that would be perfect for me, just throw mine in hers (< lol). Anyone know if that would work? She likes the names of the songs scrolling and all that jazz, but ultimately she wants a working cd player. Thanks for looking fellas and shooting any ideas you have......

Old 12-19-2008 | 11:54 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User

A whole sub/amp/harness and radio swap will be ALOT more than the $275 to replace the factory radio. I have seen them sell on ebay for as little as $100. Just keep an eye out for the open auctions. The only people that are buying them are guys like you that are having problems. The guys that are removing them for aftermarket units far exceeds the demand for those things, so you should be able to get one cheaper than $275 used. I wouldn't put to much stock into worrying if it will last or not. Just pick one up for now until you have some funds for a complete overhaul. It's the easiest and cheapest solution right now to get you back to normal. Unless your a mental case, then we have a problem....lmao