3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BFG Long Trail T/A Tour tire --- any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
2005 DAYTONA
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG Long Trail T/A Tour tire --- any good ?

Im ready for a new set of tires on my 05 daytona... anyone know if these tires (BFG Long Trail T/A Tour-- 275/60/20)are any good? Their $202.99 ea at NTB Or can someone suggest another tire or brand, im looking for a tire thats very good on wet roads. I seem to get alot of tire spin when it rains with the ones that came stock on the truck. Also, I didnt want to order them online id rather go to a place and have them mounted an bal all at once. So if you know of a good all season brand or tire with GOOD tread wear and good wet weather traction pls give me your 2cent. Oh and btw, my 05 daytona just hit 20000 mi and the wear bars are just showing on the tire now, is 20000 about right for the stock tires?

Last edited by 2005 DAYTONA; 12-22-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: forgot to add the tire size
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Not another tire thread!! There's alot of info in the "search" function

Old 12-22-2008, 12:20 PM
2005 DAYTONA
Professional
Default zip it !!!

Unless you have something POS to say, keep your comments to yourself. and for your info i DID a search and nothing was there for THAT tire !!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Jordan5.7
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog

This guy must be a bot. ****ty *** ****ing dodge forums anyways.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:46 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

No, I'm just sick of everyone cluttering these sites with nonsense threads that can be researched. I found 3 threads on this site within 20 seconds and that's not even counting the entire internet reviews.
Tire rack has lots of info with waaaaaay more tire users than on this site.... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ng+Trail+T%2FA
And Jordan5.7 Mr. Newbie, WTF are you talkin about?

Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 PM
HemiNerd

I agree with DirtyDog there are a lot of tire posts. At least get a feel for the brand, we all know BFG makes decent to very good tires. Or as an alternative, try searching for tires that other people buy for that size. There are many threads for the 275/60r20 tires that have been started. I found so many, it was a no brainer to get the Cooper Zeon LTZs because so many people posted about them.

There are also good tire review sites such as t i r e r a c k dot com. They have some reviews for the exact tire you are asking about.

As far as the tire, I have no input. But I do enjoy my Zeons.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
daddykirbs
Professional

No offense to you sir, but these kind of posts are what keep me from really joining in on forums. If I can't find it in the search function I usually just don't bother because (even online) I don't like to be bashed for my choice in questions.

It doesn't really seem fair that someone like you can just step in and "OWN" these forums.

I bought a Dodge and want to be a part of a Dodge related forum. Being a part of it should mean that we (nubes) shouldn't be run off by "wise" men like you who know it all.

If you aren't happy with someones question... you have the option to politely help, or don't read the thread.

Where I do agree that people should use their resources before posting.. I don't think people should be attacked for posting.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Jordan5.7
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I'm just sick of everyone cluttering these sites with nonsense threads that can be researched. I found 3 threads on this site within 20 seconds and that's not even counting the entire internet reviews.
Tire rack has lots of info with waaaaaay more tire users than on this site.... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ng+Trail+T%2FA
And Jordan5.7 Mr. Newbie, WTF are you talkin about?
Listen to me really good buddy.

How many of your 589 posts are telling people to use the search button? I am tired of f u cking reading it and you have allready been warned by moderators to STOP.

You are a piece of sh i t.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

This will stop or there will be a few members shown the door.

Everyone is welcome to post truck related questions in this forum. If you do not have a answer for him, move to the next post.

Consider this the second and last warning.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:33 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

[quote=94rt10ohio;1488271] If you do not have a answer for him, move to the next post.

quote]

Here's my answer.... BFG Long Trails SUCK. Many other good tires for the money. Tire rack reviews say it all on that tire. They rank a tad bit better than the crappy Wrangler HP's that come on these trucks from the factory. I have Cooper Zeon LTZ's and went through 2 huge snow storms. Outstanding tire.

Quick Reply: BFG Long Trail T/A Tour tire --- any good ?