3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Montana Tire dealers ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Montana Tire dealers ???

I need to replace the BFG on my 06 2500, Tire prices in Calgary are a little insane. Also looking to get away for a weekend, Billings, great falls, ect, hell, even Sandpoint, Spokane are options.

I'm leaning towards Nitros, Can any one put in a good word for a tire dealer?

Old 01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Bismarck, ND works for you try North West Tires. A friend of mine works there and i buy all my Toyos from him.
http://www.nwtire.com/
If ya choose em and come to town ill buy ya a beer!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
RailroadMan
Rookie

try Tirerack.com - their tires are cheaper than what my coworkers pay in Canada, and they have list of certified installers based on zip code, etc.

dunno off hand if they carry the tire you want

Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tirerama is a fairly good place here in MT. Google them.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

TireRack or Discount Tire Direct.
Any place local you will have to pay sales tax if you have any.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the info, Tire rack.com blew me away, 1000.00 bucks ( American ) for five good year silent Aroma ( thats a spelling mistake !!! ) tires, Fountain Tire quoted me over 1500.00 Cdn for the same tires Still not sure on the tire brand, at 65,000 Km the stock BFG R/T T/A get stuck on level ground, tread pattern is to tight to allow the snow and mud to escape the tread.

I have always been a BFG guy but this round of tires are not good for any thing, CTD owners have told me they had to replace the stock tires are lot quicker than me, My greatest issue with tires are nails and screws, no amount of plys is ever going to stop this, the good years have a extra belt of kevlair ( spelt that wrong ) That should give me some extra protection at the job site.

Now I'm going to lie to Canada customs if I do head south to buy tires... I don't have any isues paying state tax, or the exchange rate...

Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

try other brands. Toyo is a great brand there toyo open coyntry at is awesome. handles snow,rain and even mud pretty good. also has a aggressive tread pattern that is quiet on the highway. i got 4 toyos for my 20 inch rims for $under $1000 installed. I have gone the BFG route on past trucks and hated every set i have ever owned. other great tires are cooper ltz,nitto terra grappler,mickey thompson baja atz and dick cepeck fun country II.... i also had goodyear wranglers for stock tires on my truck and found they were the WORST tire i have ever had on ANY vehicle ive owned. shop around online you will find way better tires out there than the stock bfg or goodyears.

why would you have to lie to border patrol? just come down buy and install them here and go back. they wouldnt even know. if they ask why new tires say you got a flat while in the US and had to have it fixed. no laws broken there.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by nickahern1
why would you have to lie to border patrol? just come down buy and install them here and go back. they wouldnt even know. if they ask why new tires say you got a flat while in the US and had to have it fixed. no laws broken there.

But that would be lying then But I agree you could install them here and dispose of the old tires and it won't be a problem.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

haha yeah i geuss your right. why the hell does everything cost %150 more in canada anyways that just sucks. glad i live in the states and do not have to deal with the price gouging.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nickahern1
try other brands. Toyo is a great brand there toyo open coyntry at is awesome. handles snow,rain and even mud pretty good. also has a aggressive tread pattern that is quiet on the highway. i got 4 toyos for my 20 inch rims for $under $1000 installed. I have gone the BFG route on past trucks and hated every set i have ever owned. other great tires are cooper ltz,nitto terra grappler,mickey thompson baja atz and dick cepeck fun country II.... i also had goodyear wranglers for stock tires on my truck and found they were the WORST tire i have ever had on ANY vehicle ive owned. shop around online you will find way better tires out there than the stock bfg or goodyears.

All i can say ia +1 on the Toyos...they are all i run now.
As for Canada...they tax the snot out of the people hence high prices. Getting new stuff over the border is a HUGE ordeal. I sold a harley to a canadian. He needed all kinds of documentation from me faxed to a border station weeks before he even came to pick it up...

Quick Reply: Montana Tire dealers ???