3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SRW to DRW

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
AEmedic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRW to DRW

Has anybody tried to swap the hubs and axles from a dually to a single yet. or are we 100% sure I need to do the whole axle?

Has anyone ever really determined if the hubs and axle shafts would interchange?

It seems that many have talked about it but no one "really" knows the answer...

If they are both 11.5" is there really a completely different housing for the DRW?

Someone mentioned that everything was the same except the Axle shaft is longer, hubs are different and there is a spacer on the DRW.

I read somewhere else that the outer bearings are different.

Somewhere else I read that the axle housing tubes are thicker on the DRW.

I have no facts to support it but I would doubt, due to the money involved, that there are two different 11.5" housings for these axles. Does anyone have access to all related part numbers?

I have a guy with the DRW axle that will swap but he has 4.10 gears and I have 3.73. It would be easier to just swap the axle shafts and hubs if it is possible. Mine is a 2006 and his is a 2005 so they should be the same.

Does anyone really have the facts?