3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:58 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
Guys,

I apologize for the delay but don't you think you're being a little harsh with the backlash over the timing of this feature? We're trying to give you real-time feedback on some of the features you're requesting, but our internal processes and systems don't always operate at the speed of these postings.

Scott believed the release would be ready because it was in the queue, but he didn't know one of the approvers was out of the office. So, the software is basically 'waiting on a desk' before distribution. We have a robust QC/release process and, [unfortunately] if someone is not available for that process, the features go into a holding pattern for another day or two.

We're making every effort to give you a sneak peak and/or advanced notice but I think we could use a little cushion before the backlash about broken promises. I assure you we're not 'playing games or jerking you around' and I'd expect having the CEO and Division President participating in this forum is evidence to our commitment to our customers.

Bottom line - the features are coming. It may just take a few days longer than expected.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.
Tom,

Thanks for posting. I posted the message Scott sent me via e-mail and as you know, I'm working the forums diligently for Superchips. I apologized to Superchips customers because, it was the correct thing to do at the moment. There definitely was a mix up and your post has cleared it up.

I'll advise the other forums of your response. Thanks again for taking the time to post this weekend.

All the best,

Sil

Last edited by SilsHemi; 02-07-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

yea, i'll tell you first hand that engineers don't always get what engineers want. i've had **** sit for a week or better cuz someone in marketing, purchasing, or even shipping/recieving didn't get around to it.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
yea, i'll tell you first hand that engineers don't always get what engineers want. i've had **** sit for a week or better cuz someone in marketing, purchasing, or even shipping/recieving didn't get around to it.
Are you saying my hat may be just sitting there on someone's damn desk!! Corporate bastards!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Xfeejayx, I can see why you would think my reaction was kind of harsh and it was, but there is a reason behind it. While this thread has only been going on for a week or so on dodge forum, the original thread about the new superchips options has been going on since November on a different forum and I have been involved with it since the beginning. Since this process started there have been several times when things similar things to yesterday have happened. First they announced that the MDS delete option was released and when people tried to download it, it was not available. Then they announced that the new options were going to be out in the beginning of January and nothing happened. Then it was announced that they would be out by the end of the month (Jan) and it didn't happen. And now this week they announced that the WOT shifts would be out yesterday and again, it didn't happen.

So I guess you could just say I am frustrated at this point. I have always been a strong supporter of SC and their products but these experiences just make me wonder. They make we wonder why I keep believing them when they announce a new feature is coming out (but that is my own fault). They make me wonder why they keep putting Sil in the position he is in again this week where he simply passes on the info sent to him but ends up feeling bad when SC doesn't follow through. And it makes me wonder why they keep putting release dates out there when they have not met a single one yet. Why can't they just tell us the features that are coming and then announce their release when they are available, not when they hope they will be available.

With all that said, I am still going to wait and see what happens bc I do really like my 3815. Sorry if I came across as harsh earlier bc that was not really how I wanted to come across, I just want to see progress happen with our programmers. Whew, that was a lot to type on my phone OK, rant over.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:57 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
With all that said, I am still going to wait and see what happens bc I do really like my 3815. Sorry if I came across as harsh earlier bc that was not really how I wanted to come across, I just want to see progress happen with our programmers. Whew, that was a lot to type on my phone OK, rant over.
I believe you have the right to express yourself.

Having said that, Tom hasn't been on the forums long enough to understand the dynamics. I believe he was defending his staff and company. Tom is a great guy, along with all the other guys at Superchips. I know, first hand, that he and the other guys at Superchips appreciate your business and feel your frustration.

I appreciate you hanging in there. You've always been someone who's provided great feedback.

Thank you so much for that.

I know Superchips is committed to improving the product for Ram owners. At this point, I think it's best we move on and look forward to next week and the weeks to come.

All the best,

Sil

Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
I think it's best we move on and look forward to next week and the weeks to come.

All the best,

Sil
I agree, time to move on and try again with the new updates.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

New Superchips Option Available!

New REV/WOT limits!

6500... REV Limit
6200... WOT Limit 1-2, 2-3

Please update your tuners. We need feedback.

Thanks to Randtx and 4ruddymicha for verifying the update for me!

Firmware v1.31/Database 237

Sil

Last edited by SilsHemi; 02-09-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

sweet new updates. but im having trouble updating my tuner. it keeps says it updates but its only 1.29

Old 02-09-2009, 03:48 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by SilsHemi

6500... REV Limit
6200... WOT Limit 1-2, 2-3

l
6500?! holy crap, you guys sure this is safe?? no float?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
sweet new updates. but im having trouble updating my tuner. it keeps says it updates but its only 1.29
Do you have the new version of the updater? I was getting the same thing until I redownloaded the updater program. Once I did that and reinstalled it I was able to get the newest updates.

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???