3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
i was thinking about getting a tuner also. im leaning towards diablo. does anyone have one they would sell?
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...rogrammer.html

Mine is supposed to be shipped out tomorrow

Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man

Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
SUNBURSTKID
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so diablo is the better choice then!!???
Thanks

Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
MSD Adam

Originally Posted by SUNBURSTKID
Ok so diablo is the better choice then!!???
Thanks
Sunburst...
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Adam Raper and I am the CEO of MSD Performance, Inc. We own MSD Ignition, Superchips, Edge Products and Racepak.

I would like to help you make the best decision possible regarding your tuner purchase and just want to ensure you have complete information. It's not my practice to bad mouth our competitors but I would like to tell you a little bit more about Superchips and why I think its a better option for you.

You are obviously doing your research into the products best suited for you. You should know that Superchips has been tuning Dodge vehicles longer than any other company in the market. In fact, shortly after we released our tuning on the 5.7L models, Hypertech and Diablo followed suit with the exact same files. I'm not saying they just repackage our stuff, but they just repackage our stuff.

Superchips employs 21 engineers based in Sanford, Florida who work solely on development and testing of new software and calibrations for vehicles. They have been doing so for 16 years. Our competitors mostly outsource this work, and, as such are less responsive to customer inquiries or problems. Our products and tuning are the best in the market as allowed by environmental agencies such as CARB and the EPA.

We are aggressively working on new features for the Dodge line to help racers and enthusiasts alike better tune their vehicles for competition and street use. All that and our products are backed by an unconditional 1 year "Holy Sh#t" guarantee. If you don't utter an expletive the first time you try a Superchips programmer, send it back in and we'll refund your entire purchase price, no questions asked.

In summary - give Superchips a try first. We sell more tuners than any other other company for a reason - We're really good a making sure we give your truck all the power and features it can handle.

PM me if you'd like to talk further. I am happy to share as much data as possible to get you in a Superchips tuner.

Thanks,
Adam Raper
President & CEO
MSD Performance, Inc.
www.msdperformance.com

Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by MSD Adam
Sunburst...
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Adam Raper and I am the CEO of MSD Performance, Inc. We own MSD Ignition, Superchips, Edge Products and Racepak.

I would like to help you make the best decision possible regarding your tuner purchase and just want to ensure you have complete information. It's not my practice to bad mouth our competitors but I would like to tell you a little bit more about Superchips and why I think its a better option for you.

You are obviously doing your research into the products best suited for you. You should know that Superchips has been tuning Dodge vehicles longer than any other company in the market. In fact, shortly after we released our tuning on the 5.7L models, Hypertech and Diablo followed suit with the exact same files. I'm not saying they just repackage our stuff, but they just repackage our stuff.

Superchips employs 21 engineers based in Sanford, Florida who work solely on development and testing of new software and calibrations for vehicles. They have been doing so for 16 years. Our competitors mostly outsource this work, and, as such are less responsive to customer inquiries or problems. Our products and tuning are the best in the market as allowed by environmental agencies such as CARB and the EPA.

We are aggressively working on new features for the Dodge line to help racers and enthusiasts alike better tune their vehicles for competition and street use. All that and our products are backed by an unconditional 1 year "Holy Sh#t" guarantee. If you don't utter an expletive the first time you try a Superchips programmer, send it back in and we'll refund your entire purchase price, no questions asked.

In summary - give Superchips a try first. We sell more tuners than any other other company for a reason - We're really good a making sure we give your truck all the power and features it can handle.

PM me if you'd like to talk further. I am happy to share as much data as possible to get you in a Superchips tuner.

Thanks,
Adam Raper
President & CEO
MSD Performance, Inc.
www.msdperformance.com
hey adam. im in the market for a tuner and having trouble deciding between superchips or diablo. since your a ceo can you get me any deals on the superchips?

Last edited by SilverBullet08; 02-02-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Sunburst...

Thanks,
Adam Raper
President & CEO
MSD Performance, Inc.
www.msdperformance.com
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. I was wondering if you could maybe shed some light on the new features that Superchips is going to be releasing for the flashpaq 3815. From what I have read and hear from people I have been in contact with, there are new features coming out such as part throttle shift adjustments, stand alone tire adjustment, trans line pressure adjustment, trans tm reduction and a 93 octane tune. Could you possibly give us an idea of when to expect to see these features? Thanks.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
MSD Adam

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. I was wondering if you could maybe shed some light on the new features that Superchips is going to be releasing for the flashpaq 3815. From what I have read and hear from people I have been in contact with, there are new features coming out such as part throttle shift adjustments, stand alone tire adjustment, trans line pressure adjustment, trans tm reduction and a 93 octane tune. Could you possibly give us an idea of when to expect to see these features? Thanks.
Off Road:
I'm going to leave that question to the Dodge engineers, who will log on tomorrow to give you some details, if possible. We don't like to let too much out of the bag from a competitive standpoint, but we'll see what we can share.

Quick correction to the above post, its a 30 day Holy Sh*t guarantee. It's a 1 year guarantee against defects and workmanship.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the interest,
Adam

Old 02-02-2009, 10:47 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

so how bout that discount adam... im ready to buy a programmer tonight. cut me a good price and you've got a sale...tonight.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Off Road:
I'm going to leave that question to the Dodge engineers, who will log on tomorrow to give you some details, if possible. We don't like to let too much out of the bag from a competitive standpoint, but we'll see what we can share.

Thanks for the interest,
Adam
Thanks in advance for any details that you guys can pass along.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
so how bout that discount adam... im ready to buy a programmer tonight. cut me a good price and you've got a sale...tonight.
yea make it two deals if theres a discount

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???