3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally put my jet chip in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally put my jet chip in!

wrote up a sweet fiy too.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...p-install.html

but yea, it's snowing like all hell outside, and i got to top out at like 20mph while cruising around in a blizzard during rush hour traffic. but, the cars revs up a lot quicker, and it shifts soooo much better.

anyways, i'll be keeping u informed.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I put my chip in it wouldn't snap in and I thought something was really screwed up. I tried to hook everything back up while it was still loose in the pcm and it didn't work. I ended up calling jet and the guy told me he was 6'2 260 and he had to get up on his tippy toes to get the o-ring on the chips to snap in. He also said it helps to pull that little tab on the back up when pushing it in there. I pushed it so hard that I had a rectangle imprinted in my palm and it snapped in there. I don't think you are supposed to need a screwdriver to force it in, but as long as you didn't break anything.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

i used a screwdriver just to push that oring inside...lol

Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 PM
MarkMark6464
Professional

SICK MAN! Let us know when it clears up and you can open her up. I know I'll be interested to know how she is doing.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

yesterday i got to haul the roads with it...awesome. so much more power. and the shifting, it so good. it does just downshift as soon as u let off the gas....like when you['re cruising at 40 down the street, it will hold u in third, as opposed to dropping into the last gear - then if u wanna accelerate just a little more, the truck goes all ape**** and downshifts and makes a bunch of commotion to go like 2 more mph faster. know what i mean?

it's awesome.

BUT, i have a check engine light that came on this morning...and it's idles all stupid. i'm also not running a full tank of high octane. when i put it in, i had the cheap gas in there (half tank) and yesterday i topped it off with the good stuff...so, maybe after this tank runs out, i'll have all 93 octane gas in there.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
MarkMark6464
Professional

Ah snap. Someone is jealous. Make a video! Ha ha

Old 01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

Derrick did you try disconnecting and reconnecting your battery to get the light to go off, and check all your plugs. I don't think the lower octane gas could cause the check engine to come on, so you might want to call jet up.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:19 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

Originally Posted by chambers
Derrick did you try disconnecting and reconnecting your battery to get the light to go off, and check all your plugs. I don't think the lower octane gas could cause the check engine to come on, so you might want to call jet up.
yea, i called them up. he said if it worked one day, THEN i got the light, it's a connection problem. made sense (but honestly thought it was the bs answer). anyways, without even disconnecting battery, i went over to computer (while truck was off) and pressed all four of the harnesses back in...(they seemed to all be in, cause when i pushed, nothign "clicked" or anything...and yea, started truck back up and all is well.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

Good to hear, once I get some body work done on mine since the previous owner screwed it up I will be looking at the jba headers like you have. Derrick did you install your headers from above the engine or did you have your truck on jackstands and do it from the bottom?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

i know a guy an exhaust/brake place. we did in on a lift...can't see it being ANY easier in any other way.

Quick Reply: Finally put my jet chip in!