3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny magic

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 AM
crazed_country_rebel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny magic

iam new to this this site iam a marine i just bought a 2008 dodge stx v6 i want to put a shift kit in it any ideas and what all this would require me to do ive read every thread in and coudent find anything so i thought i would be the first to ask

Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

welcome to the site.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
iyaayashua

not sure on dodges but on chevys shift kits are mainily for older generation trannies like Turbo 300 and 400 and even some of the older 700R4s. You can get a programmer and change your shift points and that would be your best bet considering you can change almost everything about your motor and tranny. If you cant find one online call hypertech and they should be able to help you out. They are really good about military and such. Im Air Force by the way...

Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM
crazed_country_rebel

hey man thanks that helps a lot i have been looking for a while and no luck and with not much time to look that helps me narrowing it down

Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 PM
crazed_country_rebel

do u know who makes headers for the 08 doge jba as the up to 07 model

Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Old 01-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Big Boi

I would try the TMR mod. Gets rid of the torque management system. And gives you a little jump through the gears!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

Big Boi were did u get the tmr mod and what does it do for performance

Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Big Boi

Originally Posted by Grey-Ghost
Big Boi were did u get the tmr mod and what does it do for performance
Originally Posted by 1
When I did mine, my truck went from shifting across 200+ rpms to 50-100 rmps. In other words, it shifted much quicker. Even in my 3.7 I could chirp my tires at WOT when my truck shifted to 2nd.
Originally Posted by 2
its wire #10 a yellow wire with green stripe, use a 10mm socket to get the pcm silver box off, then use a nail to get the red clip off, then i used needle nose pilers to just pull the wire strait out
Originally Posted by 3
Yeah, its the yellow wire with the green strip. The TCM is located on the fire wall. That is where you remove the wire. Take the cover off of the harness that goes into it. In case you don't know what it is, it looks like a box with cooling fins on it. Then there is a bolt holding the harness in take that out, ( it doesn't come out all the way, just loosen it and pull the plug out) Look for pin number 10, that is your wire. It is on the back side toward the bottom. Now you will need a very small flat blade screwdriver. There is a red clip that holds the wires in, take that off by prying it up on the right side. Then looking down in there make sure you have the right hole and you will see a plastic tab holding the wire in, there are a couple of holes that are empty check them if you don't understand what I mean. Take your flatblade and push up the tab down in the hole and pull the wire backwards out of the hole. It takes a little jiggiling but it will come out. I taped it up with black electrical tape and then put the red connector back in. Just reverse the process from the begining. I probably way over explained it to you but oh well. I left the wire in the cover making sure it wasn't hanging out and not pinched. I sounds a little harder than it is. It is the hardest just getting the damn airbox out of the way. Hope that helps you out
Random post's

Old 01-19-2009, 04:32 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

lol...we're gonna expolode all of our transmissions...

Quick Reply: tranny magic