3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

different equipment packages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 11:26 PM
IOwnACivic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default different equipment packages?

Just bought my first Dodge, and I have a question about them that I can't seem to find a straight answer to, but I'm sure somebody has the resources or knows the answer to. My truck is pretty much the same thing as my father's except mine does not have 4WD :-( or sliding back glass or roadlights, but it has a cd player vs his cassette. My title says ST where as his says SLT, but mine has SLT badges on it, both are 02 1500 quad cabs, can somebody tell me the difference between ST and SLT, if any or what is going on here?

Old 01-17-2009, 11:47 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

If you have power windows, locks and an overhead computer it's a SLT...at least around my year.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:15 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ST is the basic work truck version and the SLT usually has nicer options like power windows and such.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
IOwnACivic

they both have power windows, locks, driver seat, mirrors, and the computer thing overhead

Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

I would request a build sheet from chrysler on both of them, plus you get a bunch of other information on there as well.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

slt also is also pre-wired for fog lights, so all you need is the fog lights themselves and the pull out switch. probaly also has to do with power seats too

Old 01-18-2009, 03:01 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A SLT is a over rated over priced ST and A laramie is a over inflated SLT with Leathier seats..

The option lists are just stupid, I don't have the extra 12 volt plug in in the fold down arm rest, my cruse control. window switchs don't lite up and I don't have the hood light.

I have A SLT and Some ST are better equiped, a 05 Larami dosent have the aux I pod out let, I do on my 06.

If the dealer clicks all the options for each ST SLT and Laramie, Than you get all the perks each model offers..

Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
IOwnACivic

Originally Posted by Redone4x4
I would request a build sheet from chrysler on both of them, plus you get a bunch of other information on there as well.
Do i just take the VINs to a dodge dealer and ask for a build sheet?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
sos
All Star

Originally Posted by cyclone429
A SLT is a over rated over priced ST and A laramie is a over inflated SLT with Leathier seats..

The option lists are just stupid, I don't have the extra 12 volt plug in in the fold down arm rest, my cruse control. window switchs don't lite up and I don't have the hood light.

I have A SLT and Some ST are better equiped, a 05 Larami dosent have the aux I pod out let, I do on my 06.

If the dealer clicks all the options for each ST SLT and Laramie, Than you get all the perks each model offers..
It all depends on the options you add to the model you pick. Any model comes with a certain set of options, then you can add things to that - a better radio, the "Preferred Equipment Package," etc. In theory, you can probably outfit an ST better than a base SLT, but it will probably end up costing more because buying packages usually saves money.

To answer the original poster, it sounds like you have an SLT, especially since you have the SLT badge (unless the previous owner put them on).

Old 01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyclone429

thats because they didnt offer that till 06

Quick Reply: different equipment packages?