3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Painted my 20's and Badges!!! -- PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Hemi Firefighter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you guys.. i appreciate all the comments.. i think its so awesome how many ppl on here are so appreciative of custom work.. even tho its nothing crazy, you guys are supportive.. thats awesome.. thats what its all about..

i took the rims off the truck and tapped the tires off.. i didnt want to have to pay for dismount/mount.. which would be like $60.. i need a R&B anyways.. so this weekend im going to take it up to get them rebalanced and have them do stick weights on the inside, and back.. so basically, i have no weights on the truck what so ever right now.. but im not getting any major vibrations, so id rather let the paint harden completely and cure, rather then take them in right away..

need new tires in about 5-7500 miles anyways.. so im not freakin out about it..

about the selling or doing this stuff for money.. i would probably offer to paint ppl's wheels localy, but i would have to make it worth my time..

if the truck was dropped off at my place, then i would probably charge like $300 total.. that would include materials..

but for that price, your almost at the cost to have them powdercoated, minus mount/dismount/balance fee's.. (~$80)

so i dunno.. i would do badges and stuff too if someone wanted it done.. i would do all the badges on the truck for like.... eh.. $100 including materials (ie. paint, primer, etc.)

but thanks again guys!.. i agree wiht you all, it really did make the truck look good, and yes, clean is a perfect word.. its aggressive, but subtle.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 PM
paul07
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that turned out sick, now I know what mine will look like when they are done. Great job!

Quick Reply: Painted my 20's and Badges!!! -- PICS!!