3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Attention all V6 owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention all V6 owners!!!

there was some trash talk going on about my truck and how small its engine is. it really got me mad. I need one of you here to build up their V6 to beat any hemi or any other V8 truck on the road (well...except the SRT10, Lightning, and SS, or even a tundra 5.7 or 09 Ram R/T). The point is it will give inspiration and courage to me and the rest of us with our pathetic 6 cylinders. I know Derrick is getting closer each time but still no luck. I know that there is at least one of you with the cash and knowledge to achieve this seemingly impossible feat. If you have already started, by all means keep going. Come on, there has to be some millionaires out there with a few extra grand laying around their house to dump into their truck. All of us here cant be that poor.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Twink
Veteran

Originally Posted by raminator08
there was some trash talk going on about my truck and how small its engine is. it really got me mad. I need one of you here to build up their V6 to beat any hemi or any other V8 truck on the road (well...except the SRT10, Lightning, and SS, or even a tundra 5.7 or 09 Ram R/T). The point is it will give inspiration and courage to me and the rest of us with our pathetic 6 cylinders. I know Derrick is getting closer each time but still no luck. I know that there is at least one of you with the cash and knowledge to achieve this seemingly impossible feat. If you have already started, by all means keep going. Come on, there has to be some millionaires out there with a few extra grand laying around their house to dump into their truck. All of us here cant be that poor.

wait till summer im working on it. Everyones telling me to just buy a hemi or drop in a chev 350. Ive put into my motor so far.

Stage 2 Chip
Full Performance Clutch with Lightweight pressure plate ( 6 spd obviously )
Gears with a Posi in the Rear
Full Cold Air Intake
Walbro fuel pump with high flow injectors ( there very neiceee! )
tuned my fuel mapping myself
Full magnaflow exhaust back from custom headers and no cat

now by summer im hoping to have my sts remote turbo system installed and tuned and im HOPEING to be able to get some decent numbers out of the v6...

now bragging but tonight i raced an rx8 with what i got now and i beat it so... i should be able to run pretty quick for the v6... but only time will tell..

check my thread calling derrick out and u'll see th talk.. both of us have some posted vids of our trucks nad id say me and him have the most modd'd v6's on the site i do beileve.. correct me if im wrong derrick

CHEERS

ohh and IM CALLING OUT ANY HEMI OWNER IN CANADA.... ur going down summer 2009..

Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

twink Walbro fuel pump with high flow injectors ( there very neiceee! )
tuned my fuel mapping myself
how big of a difference was the mod and cost if you don't mind me asking

Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twink where did you race a rx8? Was he going all out or just screwing with b/c they are pretty quick?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

That is a pretty nice list of performance mods. How much did it all cost you?
Derrick, how about you? Whats the price of the setup you running?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Twink
Veteran

Originally Posted by chambers
Twink where did you race a rx8? Was he going all out or just screwing with b/c they are pretty quick?

raced it on the highway, he was all out, i hit my limiter at about 180 kph LOL

Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Twink
Veteran

Originally Posted by Grey-Ghost
how big of a difference was the mod and cost if you don't mind me asking
fuel pump made a big difference, injectors as well. I did the fuel mapping to use as much fuel as i can as quick as i can and making sure i get a complete burn. Mainly there just more efficient at high speeds giving me that little more ummmfff to go faster.. The pump and injectors ran me around 600$ the mapping i did myself with my laptop and a program we use at our shop.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Twink
Veteran

Originally Posted by raminator08
That is a pretty nice list of performance mods. How much did it all cost you?
Derrick, how about you? Whats the price of the setup you running?

i think motor and exhasut alone im pushing about 1500$ now

Old 01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had the money to burn, but I need to get some body work done on mine and replace a bumper. After I get that stuff done I'll look into some other mods.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:12 AM
MarkMark6464
Professional

Man, Screw those haters. Tell em you don't give a S*** how big their junk is! You don't got nothing to prove. I mean sure it'd be nice but after all those mods you will still be the guy with the small engine. So if those "big engine" guys did the exact same mods, they'd own. Just how it is. Like you v6 for how it is. Or just go crazy and buy an SRT... I love SRT10, mmmmmm

Quick Reply: Attention all V6 owners!!!