3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TOTM March Candidates

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:20 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ried69
The only place this system is screwing us over is TOTY. Because we got 12 guys who stuck together and now find reasons why other people's trucks are sh*t. But I agree on the TOTY part. More looks and exterior mods is what truly attracts.
I don't know about you guys, but what we should do is picture all vehicles like this. Take off the biggest attracting factor of the vehicle. Well, Jay, you could have one thing taken off, and it wouldn't do much to your truck, but I'd say the headlights do a lot, so imagine your truck without the headlights, and just the stockers. Now imagine 94rt10ohio without the SRT-10. He just has a 2wd Hemi with an SRT-10 hood and stripes. Still a damn sexy truck, don't get me wrong.
soooo...what youre saying is that it doesnt matter what size engine is under the hood as long as the rest of the truck looks good. hmmm... i think it would be nice if someone with a v6 would win totm, maybe someone with something totally different that no ones seen before, like maybe a new grill style . hey, dont hate different because change is good. ah, where would we be without change, still having segregated schools and abusing blacks, women, native americans and any other minority that is not white (or have body color grills/horizontal billet inserts) or maybe still living in caves or worse, driving horse buggys. you know that not everyone immediately like the automobile at first. a lot of them though it was ugly but look at us now in the future when it has finally been accepted.
also its not all about big engines you know. that doesnt define a truck. its about whats inside or outside i should say.
another thing i should add, dont let my v6 fool you. its the only one i could have. (i modified that line from Rush Hour 2 when theyre in the massage place and Chris Tucker is wearing the purple robe) remember if you dont cite your sources, its plagiarizing and thats illegal

Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
I am not a Dodge die hard. I am not a GM die hard. I am a car guy. If it has a big azz engine and was built to be fast with little purpose it qualifies as one of my toys... I could buy any "american" car if the mood strikes. Although I am not high on any new Ford products. That does not mean I would not buy some old Ford muscle. My next toy will actually be a Ford, sort of. There will be very few parts from a Ford on it. All replica stuff... 32 Ford Roadster street rod or a Shelby Cobra replica. My issue is I need to get out of this house. I have no space to work on a project like that anymore.

It took me a while to find it, but this is the truck I am going to try to get into TOTM next month, to get on topic a little I am guessing someone else may have mentioned him already.

I voted for that truck last month. I love the exhaust.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 AM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by justanothermoparman
I was just bein sarcastic, I know I havn't got enough mods done. Lol
yea but thats a sweet lookin truck with just the yellow paint. i think this totm **** is getting too intense...its we're planning a bomb strike for god sakes.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think romeosoldier needs to be nominated its a sweet truck

Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by raminator08
soooo...what youre saying is that it doesnt matter what size engine is under the hood as long as the rest of the truck looks good. hmmm... i think it would be nice if someone with a v6 would win totm, maybe someone with something totally different that no ones seen before, like maybe a new grill style . hey, dont hate different because change is good. ah, where would we be without change, still having segregated schools and abusing blacks, women, native americans and any other minority that is not white (or have body color grills/horizontal billet inserts) or maybe still living in caves or worse, driving horse buggys. you know that not everyone immediately like the automobile at first. a lot of them though it was ugly but look at us now in the future when it has finally been accepted.
also its not all about big engines you know. that doesnt define a truck. its about whats inside or outside i should say.
No, something like a vertical grille couldn't win. If you take away the grille, you still have a stock looking truck. We don't mean just one little thing, you still need quite a bit done to it.

I also agree with Romeosoldier. His truck is pretty sick looking.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Thumbs up

Thanks guys for putting my name in on this. I would be stoked if I got nominated for TOTM

Old 01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Thanks guys for putting my name in on this. I would be stoked if I got nominated for TOTM
In my opinion, your truck deserves a shot.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by semigod
In my opinion, your truck deserves a shot.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
No, something like a vertical grille couldn't win. If you take away the grille, you still have a stock looking truck. We don't mean just one little thing, you still need quite a bit done to it.

I also agree with Romeosoldier. His truck is pretty sick looking.
i was kidding though about me but without the grill, i still have the rims. I was thinking maybe a V6 should win if they have enough mods. Im getting tired of the hemi owners who think that they're all that because of the hemi (im not pointing any names so dont think it was you and get mad), then they go on to say how sorry my V6 is and rub their hemis in my face They go around advertising their big v8s with descriptions like this- YEAH ITS GOT A HEMI!!!! and maybe throw in a couple more !!!! and some bolder HEMI. I can imagine a SRT 10 doing this because that is a rare engine but i dont see them going around saying- YEAH, ITS GOT A VIPER ENGINE!!!!
Dont get me wrong, the Hemi is a great engine to be proud of and i wish i had one but sometimes you dont get want you want. Just dont be so boastful of it and put others down. And dont think my truck sucks because it has a V6. (Again im not pointing any names at anyone here on this forum) but if you do see some guy with a wimpy 6 cyl, dont try to show off your hemi and laugh at him as you pass him by

Last edited by raminator08; 01-25-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
From a technical standpoint you need to be a member for 60 days and have enough posts.

From a personal standpoint you can nominate and qualifiying truck that floats your boat. Clean stock, highly modded, old school. There is no bad nom if YOU like it.
i agree totally but looking at your truck, I dont think you would really like to see a clean stock win especially after all the hard work you put in only to see some guy who's done basically nothing to his truck beat you.

Quick Reply: TOTM March Candidates