3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine driven on-board air

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
yhike
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
That's good to have! I've been carrying a Mapp gas setup in the toolbox of my truck for a couple of years now. A lot more stable and easier to store that an Acetylene setup and almost as serviceable, although considerably more expensive to operate. I've not had to use it off road truck repairs, but have done a brazing job or two to items such as a box blade when it's busted in the field, well away from any power source. I've also found it to be very handy at the shooting range, where I can simple braze or weld a target holder without having to dismantle everything and carry it to a power source...
I am running the Mobi-Arc welder right now all I go to do is stick weld with it but they are coming out with attachment they will allow me to mig weld very soon. The welder uses the alternator though they said I could use the stock alternator I choose to upgrade to the MeanGreen 300 amp.

http://www.perfectswitch.com/mobiarc200x.htm

Quick Reply: Engine driven on-board air