3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Marvel Mystery Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Nicky, look very hard at the 206 & 212's from KRC, I've seen dynos, look good, real good. Although I've got the full 4.7 HO in my GC and it scoots!!!

Single cam in my hemi, gonna be a KRC 210, but custom ground -4. That'll make it a torque beast!!! It'll pull down schools!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i was looking at the both of them the 206 looks good thats my dilemma. esoeiclaly since i am going to go with headers and a larger tb i should see some good gains. was hoping to get at least 30-35 hp and 45-50 tq. sucks i got to dish out $849 for just the cams and probably another $800-$1000 for install as i am not touching that job. if it was an older car by all means i would do it but this is my DD and i cant afford to mess anything up. i think with cams,gears,headers,tb and efan my truck should be a respectable 4.7 and should be able to push the 35x12s i want nicely.

sorry to jack the thread.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Oh, and to the OP, sorry, thread officially JACKED!

I don't blame you for not trying the cams yourself. I've done everything on mine except the gears and I ain't gonna touch it! I know how and if it was a 10 year old weekend off-road beater I'd try, but I ain't gonna f*ck up my $30k truck!
But anyway, besides just the cam, I'm doing springs, retainers, rods and a damper. Plus the Flashpaq gets "hand me downed" to the GC and I'm going to an SCT, with dyno'd custom tuning to tame that custom ground, torque beast of a cam.
If I can get back on track, finance wise, I think it'll be sweet...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 01-27-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i just cant wait to start my new job and get through the 12 week academy so i can make the real money.(i get paid for the academy just not what my normal salary will be)
i already started a seperate ing account called the ram fund haha put whatever i can in there. once it gets a few grand in it i will do more mods. i was banking on taxes this year to do stuff but i am only getting back $150 because i made $6800 on unemplyment last year without taxes being taken out on it weekly. even with my school deductions nad donation deductions and all that good stuff i am not getting crap back. still better than owing.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Nicky, look very hard at the 206 & 212's from KRC, I've seen dynos, look good, real good. Although I've got the full 4.7 HO in my GC and it scoots!!!

Single cam in my hemi, gonna be a KRC 210, but custom ground -4. That'll make it a torque beast!!! It'll pull down schools!!!
Hammer, I can't wait to see what kind of power your truck puts down after the cam and tune. You've been teasing us for so long

Old 01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

well I've had a plethora of personal issues to deal with. But maybe, just maybe I can see a light ahead. If so, I hope to have this done by May or June...

Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
well I've had a plethora of personal issues to deal with. But maybe, just maybe I can see a light ahead. If so, I hope to have this done by May or June...
I've heard. I hope everything works out for the best for you.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:09 AM
1badnyram
Amateur

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I doubt it will rid the Hemi's of their dreaded ticking. Pouring in the gas tank will simply lubricate and clean along it's path and clean up the injectors as well as the combustion chamber. The Hemi tick is within the valve's. Gasoline doesn't touch that part of the engine. Maybe pouring the snake oil in with the oil may help? But certainly will do nothing for it in the fuel.
I use Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner. Great stuff and stabilizes as well.
I didnt try it in the oil yet but I did put 8 ounces into the gas tank along with a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner and....wow! I drive the same 100 miles everyday to work, 50 miles each way on an interstate and usually get 11 mpg with the cruise set at 75mph. Since I put the snake oil in along with the lucas I've been getting between 17 and 19mpg. Same roads, same gas and same speed. I'm going to continue the same mixture for the next month and see if the mpg's stay the same, I sure hope so.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 AM
Zed
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1badnyram
Anyone have any experience with Marvel Mystery Oil. I heard if you use it in the gas tank it gets rid of the "Hemi Tick".
Has anyone tried it or had any experience with it?
As far as I have heard HEMI Tick is caused by the push rods being a little to short.

can't remember the replacement length to eliminate the tick though, will have to find it.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 1badnyram
I didnt try it in the oil yet but I did put 8 ounces into the gas tank along with a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner and....wow! I drive the same 100 miles everyday to work, 50 miles each way on an interstate and usually get 11 mpg with the cruise set at 75mph. Since I put the snake oil in along with the lucas I've been getting between 17 and 19mpg. Same roads, same gas and same speed. I'm going to continue the same mixture for the next month and see if the mpg's stay the same, I sure hope so.
dang thats good to hear. im definatly going to do the lucas injector cleaner soon as well, especially since my mileage is terrible.

Quick Reply: Marvel Mystery Oil?