3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adding Power windows to a 2008, help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 PM
04rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my truck used, 04 with 50k on it, and it came with added eletric windows. but there kinda slow, but gets the job done, the switches are covering the hole for the manual crank, i like them though,

Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
eltupac
All Star

I did mine to look stock. I bought OEM scissors from dodge parts.com, found door panel with switches on ebay, then I won also on ebay wire harnesses for the power windows. All in all, I spent almost $600 bucks, but my truck looks stock inside. I have the Quad Cab, let me tell you, its a byatch to pass wires throught the rear doors jamb. These ST trucks dont come prewired, at least the 2005s did not. You have to run your wires all over the place, then figure which wire is for what in the harness. Then ground everything as close as possible as the original schematics. You dont have the relay or circuit breaker for the power windows, so you have to create one. It took me about a month of planning, figuring out the wire connections, where to get power from and about 2 days to intall completely.

So, my suggestion is finish school, get a good job (if you can find one), then buy an SLT.
Would I do it again, no. Pay more, get what you want.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
babyblackram

this is the brand the dealership said they would have put in mine for 400.00. it really shouldn't be too hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spal-Universal-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-21-2009, 02:32 AM
7mmmag1
Professional

no, you cant use the existing regulator. You will have to get a new regulator, which will come with the motor. I believe they are about 150-200 bucks a side from dodge. In my experience the aftermarket units are crap. Also, dont roll the window all the way up without the door glass in it, the rollers will run out of the tracks, and it is ruined

btw I replace auto glass for a living

Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM
cclose1@gmail.com

Thanks for the great posts!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
bchap05
Professional

I put power locks and keyless entry in my truck. My dad and I did it in probably 3-4 hours or so. It's really pretty easy the hardest part was getting all the wires hidden good. The set that I bought doesn't have switches to install you just pull up or down on the drivers *** and the passenger *** comes up or down also.

It was a while back that we did this so I don't remember everything about the install. I remember taking the seat out and being that I had plastic floors at the time we had to run all the wires under the plastic in the door jam. Since then we have installed carpet and put cloth on the seats. I'm still without power windows but that is one of my next projects.

Quick Reply: Adding Power windows to a 2008, help