3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Went to dealer and they tried to hose me on new 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeorgethit
Buy a chevy..lol
"BUY A CHEVY??"

You expect people to actually pay money to drive a gm vehicle?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ilovemytruck
I read that people on here were getting 14-15k off MSRP with no trade in.
They had a similar vehicle like mine on their lot selling for 10k but it had less miles, I saw it online before I went and they wanna give me 3750 and mine was nicer. I was hoping for 5k but they wouldnt budge.
Then the magic that I dont qualify for the 0% financing because of my credit lol, 778 is pretty high, I dont know how high these things go but I thought that would qualify me.
I am going to see what another dealer is going to offer me because I love the 2009 body style and all the accessories they have.
15k off an 09?. 14k off is still a very good price for a brand new truck. i only got 10k off my 08 when i bought it in december 07

how nice is your truck?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

Originally Posted by raminator08
15k off an 09?. 14k off is still a very good price for a brand new truck. i only got 10k off my 08 when i bought it in december 07

how nice is your truck?
Its nice IMO. I always get compliments and people saying man I wish I had the money to buy a truck like that blah blah blah. Even when I park and such, cops and meter maids say how nice it is.

Invoice is a couple thousand below MSRP, so I figure a couple thousand off MSRP not 2-300 off MSRP with a trade in included pffffff I think not. If they went some what below the net MSRP on the Dodge.com site I would buy.
So for example if the truck is 46K MSRP then minus employee ++ and all these other incentives, that brings it to 32, then bring it down to invoice pricing, then factor in my trade in and take out a 60 month 0% loan, Im down. I think I can haggle em down to 27-28 lol... What do you guys think?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Its nice IMO. I always get compliments and people saying man I wish I had the money to buy a truck like that blah blah blah. Even when I park and such, cops and meter maids say how nice it is.

Invoice is a couple thousand below MSRP, so I figure a couple thousand off MSRP not 2-300 off MSRP with a trade in included pffffff I think not. If they went some what below the net MSRP on the Dodge.com site I would buy.
So for example if the truck is 46K MSRP then minus employee ++ and all these other incentives, that brings it to 32, then bring it down to invoice pricing, then factor in my trade in and take out a 60 month 0% loan, Im down. I think I can haggle em down to 27-28 lol... What do you guys think?
Ask the guys in the 4th gen section what they paid for theirs. But there are probably not many of them who got the truck after they began offering the discounts. You're in PA correct? What dealer do you go to?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Zed
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not keen on the 09 1500's myself, but if you can afford the payments, and like the truck I'd say go for it.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

I read that people on here were getting 14-15k off MSRP with no trade in.
They had a similar vehicle like mine on their lot selling for 10k but it had less miles, I saw it online before I went and they wanna give me 3750 and mine was nicer w/ alot more mods. I was hoping for 5k but they wouldnt budge.
Then the magic that I dont qualify for the 0% financing because of my credit lol, 778 is pretty high, I dont know how high these things go but I thought that would qualify me.
I am going to see what another dealer is going to offer me because I love the 2009 body style and all the accessories they have.

Mods are: Bilstein shocks front and back, SRT 10 Springs, Infinity system including an amp, capacitor and two 12's, 10% tint all around, Altezza taillights, Angel eye projector headlights, tonneu cover, 20'' Milano rims w/ V rated tires, Leather seating, SRT 10 Instrument cluster, Woodgrain steering wheel. Im glad I didnt put on the slightly used 22'' SRT 10 rims I got on their when I had it appraised lol.

I wasnt looking for anything but maybe 5-600 over KBB for my vehicle thats all. Just maybe 5500-5700.

I built the same truck online @ Dodge.com and with employee ++ blah blah blah Net MSRP $34,687 that didnt include trade in thats net MSRP that isnt even invoice, I think I should get it for cheaper then the 32 they tried to offer me...
i bet if you took off those extras and put factory ones back on, they would probably give you a higher price and then you could sell them privately

Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

Yes, I live in PA; I am going to go to Murray Dodge in Conshocken, that's were I bought my first one and they gave me a really good deal and got me exactly the features I wanted and nothing more. When I get my next day off I am going to see what they can do for me as far as price etc.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I live in PA; I am going to go to Murray Dodge in Conshocken, that's were I bought my first one and they gave me a really good deal and got me exactly the features I wanted and nothing more. When I get my next day off I am going to see what they can do for me as far as price etc.
Hey, that is the closest Dodge dealership to me that is still open. I have never bought from them but have gotten parts there and they had pretty good service.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
HoustonDodge

I have a 2004 4.7L regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive ram with 65k miles in immaculate condition with alot of upgrades and mods. My favorite is the woodgrain steering wheel. I saw this commercial for employee ++ thing and figured wow I can get a good deal.

Why do you want a new truck anyway? You have an 04 with low miles barely broken in. Plus new vehicles are HIGH in price and will be 50% off in 2 years anyway. I would wait if I were you. Mine has 110000 miles and is 7 years old and still runs like new. I like..LOVE the 09s but they will be cheap in 2 years.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

Im debating will they have these prices, these deep discounts and these 0% financing for 60 months deals if I wait. If I wait 1.5 years, and things start to rebound then I will have made out but if it gets worse they will push them harder. I guess its a 50/50 guess. I just dont want to lose out on a great deal... My thinking is if I buy the truck now, if I leave for a couple months then come back, Ill have a brand new truck waiting and I got a great deal as opposed to waiting and then bam no finance offers no employee discounts etc.

Quick Reply: Went to dealer and they tried to hose me on new 2009!