3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Went to dealer and they tried to hose me on new 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 PM
morepower29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have an older car trade in story. I went to car max with my 1990 mazda rx7 gxl to trade in or sell. after like 2 hrs they said we'll give you $450. They told me it wouldn't sell at the auction. I put it on ebay with a buy it now price of 4800 and sold it that day.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Ok, well my plan coming up in the next few months, already know where I am getting my truck... one head down... I know that my car aint gonna be worth much on a trade in... hell it took on a semi and an SUV in a 3 months span... but Im keeping her...

I plan on keeping in touch with the stealership, they think that I will be financing... they are looking for my truck for me, so when they have it and I go there to TD and all that, I am gonna do a whole "oh I changed my mind, Im paying cash, this is what I have and how much Im paying for the truck, put it on the table tell them that they have 5 mins to think on it or I am walking to another dealership 10 miles north and getting another truck better for less...

This guy that I been working with... hes been investing time in the truck hunting for me... so I really doubt he nor his mgr will let me walk at that time....

I'm doing my homework

Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
J.R. Squire

I do not know where you live but employee pricing should be the same across the country if trucks are identical. Additional incentives vary by state but are determined by zipcode not where you buy it i.e; another state. the price you see for trade is normally ACV( Actual Cash Value) because the new truck is basically being wholesaled. The only variable is what does dealer A think your vehicle is worth vs. dealer B. I can not speak to 0% financing because I am not familar with your circumstances but sounds like you should research further. if you have any questions, you may email me at jsquire@samleman.com

Old 03-21-2009, 03:40 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeorgethit
Buy a chevy..lol
Thats s that not such a bad idea, Dodge dealers take it for granted that if your a dodge owner, your only going to stay with dodge so they offer you less, Your dodge is worth more at a ford lot or gm lot than at a dodge lot, used dealerships want a wide range of makes on thier lot, more sales appeal.

A new truck kills your $$$$ freedom, a paid for and dependable ride will pay you back time and time again, even if you have to repair it.

You set the price you want to pay and you set the price of your truck, let the dealership pay the intrest on the truck they think your going to buy, or factery order your 09 Ram, or pee on the sales persons shoes....

Quick Reply: Went to dealer and they tried to hose me on new 2009!