3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Went to dealer and they tried to hose me on new 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Hey, that is the closest Dodge dealership to me that is still open. I have never bought from them but have gotten parts there and they had pretty good service.
Best Dodge Dealership I have ever dealt with... IM sure theres better, but I have had no problems getting my truck serviced, warranty work, rental car or whatever I needed done.

This other Dodge Dealership I went to wont give me a rental car even though its in my warranty. Then they mess things up and say well it will be fine or its ok. Im like dude you didnt put any coolant back in my fu*king truck it ran hot. Oh put some water in it it will be a 50/50 mix. Im like it looks like a drop of coolant with 90% water blah blah blah.

Murray Dodge doesnt ask any questions, fixes the problem, gives me the rental car, tells me when I need to return it and really goes the extra mile. They let me keep the rental 1 day after my truck was fixed because I was out of town and didnt mind there like we understand just bring it in whenever. Good dealership, its a shame I live in bumblefu*k Quakertown with these dealerships up here or near Allentown.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ilovemytruck
Mods are: Bilstein shocks front and back, SRT 10 Springs, Infinity system including an amp, capacitor and two 12's, 10% tint all around, Altezza taillights, Angel eye projector headlights, tonneu cover, 20'' Milano rims w/ V rated tires, Leather seating, SRT 10 Instrument cluster, Woodgrain steering wheel. Im glad I didnt put on the slightly used 22'' SRT 10 rims I got on their when I had it appraised lol.
Take off all of the things on there for looks if you have the original parts you took off. The nice things like the steering wheel should help value if anything. Tell them it's a daily driver with added comfort, and talk them up.
And if you take some of those things off, if you sell some of them, let us know. I'd probably buy the SRT-10 instrument cluster if you couldn't use it and took it off.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i traded in my 04 mustang GT for about 9k and that was 3k more than book value and got about 2k off the top of the truck but it was at a smaller dealership and i got 5.45% on the loan so the deals are out there but go through a local bank much better rates

Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Just so everyone knows. 788 isn't that high anymore. Where 850 used to be the absolute best credit, 990(I think) is now the best credit. After all the problems, the "Big 3" changed the rating scale. They stopped the 300-850 and went over to the new 501-990????? Now it put everyone in the dark that used to be on top. Total BS. It's so banks can make more money and charge more interest.

Here's a link http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...d=rss.dlazarus

Old 02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Just so everyone knows. 788 isn't that high anymore. Where 850 used to be the absolute best credit, 990(I think) is now the best credit. After all the problems, the "Big 3" changed the rating scale. They stopped the 300-850 and went over to the new 501-990????? Now it put everyone in the dark that used to be on top. Total BS. It's so banks can make more money and charge more interest.

Here's a link http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...d=rss.dlazarus
Thanks for the info, glad I know now. So how do we get from where were at now to the 900's lol it takes years to get from 600-750 etc. Anyideas??

Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM
michaelahess
Professional

Best way to get a good trade:

Go in without a trade, or your wife, negotiate the best you can do and tell them you'll think about it. Go back in a week and tell them you are still thinking about it but you can't pay quite that much, tell them you'll think about it wether or not they lower the price any.

Have your wife go in with your trade and have her try for a different vehicle and negotiate the prices, tell them you'll think about it. If the trade in value is reasonably (almost never) go in together and say you want the first one with your trade.

10 out of 10 times you will see the true nature of a dealership at this point. (those of you who have done this know what I'm talking about)

BTW don't do this, just sell the vehicle private party and move on with your life. Unless you want to get some good laughs at the dealers expense.

Trade in's are for stupid people.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgeorgethit
Buy a chevy..lol
hey.... Chevy's are only good when surviving an accident with a semi. just make sure the car is small enough to fit under the trailer

Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
f41stryker

I guess I'll put my rant on here, I don't know if it's just Chrysler or what but it seems they're very hard to really deal with. I took my 91 Ford Probe in, 43K miles, excellent condition, KBBed it at $3000, I know I wasn't going to get anything for it, it's F**CKING Old. So first time I go in, they won't deal at all, offer me $2000 for my car that day, basically they gave me the old this is the best we can do. A couple days later I get a letter for 1/2 OFF ON DODGE RAM 4X4 QUAD CAB. Take the letter in, walk out with a 40K truck for $19,700 after $1800 down and my Probe was suddenly only worth $1000 because of the sale they were having.
My experience was ok, it seems Chrysler is unwilling to deal with consumers, this letter was my last shot, after that I was headed to Toyota to look at an 08 Tundra with 0% financing. I'm really glad I got my 08 Hemi Ram, it was my first choice but I had to jump through some hoops to get it!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by f41stryker
I guess I'll put my rant on here, I don't know if it's just Chrysler or what but it seems they're very hard to really deal with. I took my 91 Ford Probe in, 43K miles, excellent condition, KBBed it at $3000, I know I wasn't going to get anything for it, it's F**CKING Old. So first time I go in, they won't deal at all, offer me $2000 for my car that day, basically they gave me the old this is the best we can do. A couple days later I get a letter for 1/2 OFF ON DODGE RAM 4X4 QUAD CAB. Take the letter in, walk out with a 40K truck for $19,700 after $1800 down and my Probe was suddenly only worth $1000 because of the sale they were having.
My experience was ok, it seems Chrysler is unwilling to deal with consumers, this letter was my last shot, after that I was headed to Toyota to look at an 08 Tundra with 0% financing. I'm really glad I got my 08 Hemi Ram, it was my first choice but I had to jump through some hoops to get it!
All I can say is I was against the bailout...and all the future ones they'll need. I would've loved to see them tank even if it meant effecting me personally.

Congratz on the truck BTW

Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
morepower29
Professional

yeah I don't know if you guys know this but when you finance through the dealer they can legally mark up your interest rate by 3%. They do not have to disclose this either. I found this out when I bought my 2006 f150 the lady called me and said we got you approved through .... for 7.1%. I said I'll have to think about that. I called my wife who worked at that bank in the loans dept. and she said the buy rate on the truck was 4.99%. I called the lady back and told her this and she's like " how do you know that" my wife works there I told her. I said if you give it to me for the 4.99 and knock $2900 off the purchase price I'll take it. She said what's with you wanting the extra 2900. I told her it was because they tried to dick me then hung up the phone. I got call 10 minutes later and picked up my truck the next day and they even gave me a 100 citgo card. Too bad I traded that truck in on my Ram. It would have been paid off next year.

Quick Reply: Went to dealer and they tried to hose me on new 2009!