3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi got me into trouble today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 AM
traker1001
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
A lot of places will give you tickets for excessive acceleration due to street racing. Were you sitting at a traffic lights around other vehicles? If so, good luck getting out of it.
Yes I was, Yes there were, Not sure what type of vehicles they were.

Just got off the phone with my friend that works at the courthouse, I am as good as out of it. She agreed it was an absolutely dumb reason to get a ticket, Specially for someone driving a full size truck. She set up a meeting with the Prosecutor and says she is 100% sure it will be thrown out immediately. She told me she is almost positive he won't even want to waste his time with the meeting, As they are more than a year behind in processing the tickets.

Originally Posted by Got_InfernoRedHemi
How much is the ticket for?
Would have been $140 plus court costs.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

thats better news

Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 AM
irelandshemi
All Star

yeah i got one of those once i got to lay some rubber before it tho so it made it a little better

Old 02-08-2009, 04:47 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have heard it called "sudden and intended acceleration". Cops around big car shows, like the Mopar Nationals, love to give that one out, whether there was rubber laid, street racing or not.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traker1001
Just got off the phone with my friend that works at the courthouse, I am as good as out of it. She agreed it was an absolutely dumb reason to get a ticket, Specially for someone driving a full size truck. She set up a meeting with the Prosecutor and says she is 100% sure it will be thrown out immediately. She told me she is almost positive he won't even want to waste his time with the meeting, As they are more than a year behind in processing the tickets.
I am glad to hear that you are going to get out of it.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:01 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by fireman2828
If you can get a ticket for that, I'm suprised I haven't gotten one yet. I would go to court over that one. That sucks.... My wife got pulled over once for passing a slow moving truck in town. The cop couldn't tell her how fast she was going, he just her the engine rev. What a DORK!!!!
Legally they HAVE to tell you how fast they were going, I wonder if he was wearing a mic...

That's grounds for dismissal right there if they didn't.... (I need to stop marrying, marrying into families of or dating cops)

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 02-08-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hard accelerating! That SOB gave me a ticket for that sh*t and I ain't even doing the speed limit, y'all be seeing me on that there TV show where they show cops pulling idiots over. Cause I'da been the idiot beating a cops natural ***!!!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

hammer when you get done with the 3'pa and 37's they will have to get a ladder to step up to the window. when they see you they will just say " carry on we dont want any trouble" lol

Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why there shouldn't be such vague laws on the books. The single determining factor should never be the officer's discretion. It's simply too variable to provide fair enforcement of the law.

How do you defend yourself in court against someone else's opinion?

Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by John M
How do you defend yourself in court against someone else's opinion?
Usually one of three things work for me...

1. My last name, if I am in the Midwest to Southern region of the US, this alone normally gets the "... just watch yourself, I worry about the other driver's not you" or the whole "are you related to ______"... "uh yeah"..."ok, well just be careful"

2. On some choice installations, my car is known, so they don't bother me. Or if I am pulled over (or in a car that's pulled over) usually get off on associations...

3. If the top 2 don't work, I know the laws a little too well for my own good and the same ways to reinterpret what they interpret as their discretion... and if I do it right, I can usually win... There is only once that I didn't fight a ticket in my life...

I was heading to KS about 3 weeks ago, got pulled over for doing 83 in a 70... trooper took my license, insurance and registration... took one look at it, looked at me... handed them back saying "sorry ma'am" - walked back to his patrol Trailblazer and left... It took me a second to realize what just happened... it'd been the first time in about 16 months since I was pulled over for anything at all (not just traffic BS)... I was laughing for the next 10 miles...

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 02-08-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Hemi got me into trouble today...