3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi got me into trouble today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
Usually one of three things work for me...

1. My last name, if I am in the Midwest to Southern region of the US, this alone normally gets the "... just watch yourself, I worry about the other driver's not you" or the whole "are you related to ______"... "uh yeah"..."ok well just be careful"

2. On some choice installations, my car is known, so they don't bother me. Or if I am pulled over (or in a car that's pulled over) usually get off on associations...

3. If the top 2 don't work, I know the laws a little too well for my own good and the same ways to reinterpret what they interpret as their discretion... and if I do it right, I can usually win... There is only once that I didnt fight a ticket in my life...

I was heading to KS about 3 weeks ago, got pulled over for doin 83 in a 70... trooper took my licence, insurance and registration... took one look at it, looked at me... handed them back sayiong "sorry ma'am" - walked back to his patrol Trailblazer and left... It took me a second to realize what just happened...
Well it's a damn good thing you don't have to rely on looks to get out them there tickets, cause they'd lock you in the pokey and throw away the key!!!

j/k -- actually, you ain't THAT bad lookin'

Old 02-08-2009, 12:45 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

j/k -- actually, you ain't THAT bad lookin'
The way I go out now... not giving a D**n what I look like, and more so when I am sick, damn sure they would... but hun... even like that... looks ain't worth S**t... its the brains and the mischief factor...

Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.... and even when caught... I am too cute..

Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
maverick_124
Professional

well u are one lucky SOB. i get a ticket every time im pulled over by a male cop. when a female cop pulls me over i get off with a warning :P

Old 02-08-2009, 03:51 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

Time to sue the hell out of that county. If you did not lay rubber or go above the speed limit, and you were not racing anyone, the cop ****ed up big time. I'd be looking for a good lawyer immediately, and demand that that government funded harassment and abduction agent be fired.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:38 PM
traker1001
Captain

Both counties and cops have immunity against those types of lawsuit's. Trying to sue is a waste of time and money.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Zed
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traker1001
Both counties and cops have immunity against those types of lawsuit's. Trying to sue is a waste of time and money.

Not if you File Criminal Charges with the Grand Jury against the Cop as An Individual.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM
MOPAR78
Veteran

I was in St Louis today, I got pulled over and got a ticket for "Hard Acceleration" of all things. I am so used to having to push the throttle to get my old truck to go I didn't realize I was doing it on this one...

I didn;t even know there were tickets for that.
Wow!! I thought you had to be laying drag to get a ticket. I'm always punching it off the line. That would suck!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

This is true, but there are several things you can do to ruffle feathers otherwise...

I think my favorite to date has been "conduct unbecoming of a police officer" to their Major... or well the Chief of police, but you have to know the specific protocol for the individual on the job...

then again a civil suit works but it takes forever and a lot of money that if they were well known in the county you may end up losing cause you know they cover each other's a$$es

Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

RodeoRam, you now have me wondering what your last name is. I wish my last name could get me out of one. In my life I've been pulled over twice, knock on wood. The last time I got a warning, and if it were a ticket, I would've taken the officer to court. It was almost midnight out, and I was heading home from work. There were a bunch of state troopers out actually that night. Coming up to a stop sign, hit the brakes, came to a complete stop, then took off again. The officer gave me a warning for not coming to a complete stop at the light. Seriously, how can you tell that, especially at complete dark?
Glad to see you're getting out of it, that's pretty stupid getting a ticket for that.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
I was heading to KS about 3 weeks ago, got pulled over for doing 83 in a 70... trooper took my license, insurance and registration... took one look at it, looked at me... handed them back saying "sorry ma'am" - walked back to his patrol Trailblazer and left... It took me a second to realize what just happened... it'd been the first time in about 16 months since I was pulled over for anything at all (not just traffic BS)... I was laughing for the next 10 miles...
so wait, you didnt get a ticket because you hadnt got one in a while?

Quick Reply: Hemi got me into trouble today...