3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Proud new owner of a RAM!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Ben, welcome to DF...hopefully we got some answers for your questions.....i'd personally go with a AEM Brute Force CAI for your truck

Rich

Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 AM
SuperCar1of1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome trucks! No rattles. welcome

Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Rivethead

Originally Posted by raminator08
you should definitely level that truck out and get some bigger tires. what size rims are those? i like them, they look like 20's
Yeah they are 20s, i would like to level it out and get some bigger tires eventually of course, but i think im gonna toss my cash into the engine mods first grab the CAI and i think im gonna get an Edge tuner since i have an 07

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Rivethead

Originally Posted by hemiyellow
hey Ben, welcome to DF...hopefully we got some answers for your questions.....i'd personally go with a AEM Brute Force CAI for your truck

Rich

You prefer the AEM over the K&N ? does it preform much better? i would not know how to compare the two to be honest. Thanks for the advice though!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Ben D.
Champion

sweet now i'm not alone in the regular cab short bed in black club.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ben D.
sweet now i'm not alone in the regular cab short bed in black club.
i guess i never did qualify for a black rc/sb?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
That was harsh...

Welcome to the forum!
thank you, at least someone here has my back and doesnt have a big ego
why do i always have to defend my poor V6? alright ried, i get it, a hemi is better. you dont have to point it out every single time you get a chance to.

Last edited by raminator08; 02-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

welcome to DF! hope you brought your wallet with you, we make people spend money

Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Originally Posted by raminator08
thank you, at least someone here has my back and doesnt have a big ego to make up for his small...
why do i always have to defend my poor V6? alright ried, i get it, a hemi is better. you dont have to point it out every single time you get a chance to.
I got your back too buddy, your 6'er is probably quicker than my truck, so how does that make me look??

Ben, whats happening brotha!!! Welcome to DF, hella nice truck you have there. Really digging the wheels too, one day...............ooooone day.

If ya have an ol' lady, get ready then. These boys try to put you in the doghouse 'round these parts

ps Dont know how crafty/picky you are, but there are a buncha threads about some really sweet homemade cai setups. Mine wouldnt be one of them, lol, but some other folks have done some nice jobs with theres, like production model nice, check'em out...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
I got your back too buddy, your 6'er is probably quicker than my truck, so how does that make me look??

Ben, whats happening brotha!!! Welcome to DF, hella nice truck you have there. Really digging the wheels too, one day...............ooooone day.

If ya have an ol' lady, get ready then. These boys try to put you in the doghouse 'round these parts

ps Dont know how crafty/picky you are, but there are a buncha threads about some really sweet homemade cai setups. Mine wouldnt be one of them, lol, but some other folks have done some nice jobs with theres, like production model nice, check'em out...
thanks, but we have the same mods so i dont know if im quicker. i do hava a weight advantage though. actually is just ried who picks on my truck. i dont why? lol
ried you dont have to always do it, its getting old now

yeah ebay would be the best place to save money. the ebay CAI with K&N filter have the best value. you get over 90% of the performance boost for a fraction of the price. mine works great and i paid way under $100 for it.

Quick Reply: Proud new owner of a RAM!