3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Milky Antifreeze..?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep.............gotta' unfortunately agree with the lads.
Sound like a head gasket, but I sure hope it isn't.
BTW, I read a lot of the 4.7 posts with similar probs regarding the warped/craked heads.
Is this common on these engines?
Sorry don't want to jack the thread.
Al.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
mopar6spd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say you got bigger problems than just a coolant flush.
I agree- most likely a head gasket.

Originally Posted by abarmby
I read a lot of the 4.7 posts with similar probs regarding the warped/craked heads.
Is this common on these engines?
Sorry don't want to jack the thread.
Al.
I had a friend with a 02 or 3 ram with a 4.7, He ran the hell out of that motor- I mean went through a few rear ends and just hammered on the thing constantly, to the point where i felt bad for the damn motor. I believe it had 100k + miles on it. never blew a head gasket... i've also towed a few cars in a durango with a 4.7 and suprisingly that motor did alright, as for its suspension i cant say the same. hah

Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
timothyfrohlich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Since overheating was the problem, I put in a new radiator last night. I havent had a chance to give it a test run since it was raining like crazy. The antifreeze came out pretty clean...just a little white foamy stuff with it. I really hope it is not the head gasket. The more and more I work on this truck the more I want to trade it in. (The power steering unit is leaking very very slowly..somewhere...) Is there any signs I need to keep an eye out for when looking for a faulty head gasket? I change the oil regularly and there is never anything unusual. Thanks for the advice and I really hope it is not head gaskets.

Quick Reply: Milky Antifreeze..?