3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hemi live tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
0334tonhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hemi live tune?

does anyone know of anyone that does a hemi live tune i cant find anyone that does

Old 02-10-2009, 12:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Diablo's Predator can accept a dyno based tune if you can get to an authorized center. Also, the SCT comes blank, and will accept either a tune based off a list of your mods or data taken straight off a dyno. I know KRC Perfromance custom writes tunes for both units. Hemifever, who I believe is still a member also writes tunes for the SCT, you may want to call or email KRC or PM Hemifever...

Old 02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Diablo's Predator can accept a dyno based tune if you can get to an authorized center. Also, the SCT comes blank, and will accept either a tune based off a list of your mods or data taken straight off a dyno. I know KRC Perfromance custom writes tunes for both units. Hemifever, who I believe is still a member also writes tunes for the SCT, you may want to call or email KRC or PM Hemifever...
I second Hemifever. From what I have read, he writes excellent tunes for our trucks.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I also believe he has a deal where if you buy the SCT tuner from him as well as a custom tune that he will give you free tweeks of your tune for the life of the tuner. So if you change parts or upgrade something on your truck you can get your tune tweeked for free.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I also believe he has a deal where if you buy the SCT tuner from him as well as a custom tune that he will give you free tweeks of your tune for the life of the tuner. So if you change parts or upgrade something on your truck you can get your tune tweeked for free.
I know Marty at KRC does that too. I think Marty is like Hemifever's mentor or was at one time. They stay in pretty close contact on a Forum I'm on that's geared more toward the Mopar performance shop guru's and owners as well as the REAL gear heads who live at the track.
But I know one thing for certain from people I've known in person or people on various forums who have had either of them do work for them. They are both VERY GOOD at what they do and are VERY straight up...

Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
0334tonhemi

thanks alot guys but im new to this dodge forum so how do i get a hold of hemifever or who ever does the tunes? and what he does does give more performance then a handheld programmer right?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

What are you planning to do/have you done to your truck? I ask bc if you are just doing or planning to do bolt ons I don't think you will see the true benefits of one of these custom tunes. Tell us about your plans.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
0334tonhemi

well right now i have a cold air intake.. thats the only bolt on i have. i want to get a 6.1 cam put in here pretty soon,. and i am really intrested in the custom tune. i have a bunch of friends that have chevys and they love there custom tune over a handheld programmer..

Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 0334tonhemi
well right now i have a cold air intake.. thats the only bolt on i have. i want to get a 6.1 cam put in here pretty soon,. and i am really intrested in the custom tune. i have a bunch of friends that have chevys and they love there custom tune over a handheld programmer..
The 6.1 cam will run fine on a superchips programmer. If I was you and was planning on doing a cam, I would pick something other than the 6.1. There are a lot of other cams out there that are much better in our engines. If you go with one of these cams then you will be able to get the most out of a custom tune.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
0334tonhemi

ohh okay i gotcha.. what size cam would you prefer?

Quick Reply: hemi live tune?